Hacking Foundmy Console Solutions?

fuctfuct

Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
Correct .. It doesn't NEED it but i prefer to install with wires. IMO its easier, more secure but most of all easier for me to remove if i want to replace the DVD assembly.

If you want to give it a try heres the alt points.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice, thanks but I will probably just solder directly to the mother board. Any tips while soldering? Also, what program do you use to burn your DVDs? Nero? The only reason I planned on buying xenoGC is because I wanted to burn an SD load DVD and just use an SD adapter.

fuctfuct

Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
http://modthatcube.psx-scene.com/content/burning2.htm
tongue.gif

Or imgburn

http://www.imgburn.com/

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Don't order from Foundmy. Ever.

They are one of THE WORST places to order from. Period. I ordered a CycloDS from them, was supposed to receive it within 3 days (since they are apparently close to me), but I sent them emails for two weeks straight without getting a response. I eventually filed a dispute with PayPal, and won, so he was forced to refund my money. Plainly put, the guy is an asshole and shouldn't be trusted.

If you're going to run a business, you need to be there for the customer 100% of the time, but that guy didn't know how to do that obviously.

Avenger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't order from Foundmy. Ever.

They are one of THE WORST places to order from. Period. I ordered a CycloDS from them, was supposed to receive it within 3 days (since they are apparently close to me), but I sent them emails for two weeks straight without getting a response. I eventually filed a dispute with PayPal, and won, so he was forced to refund my money. Plainly put, the guy is an asshole and shouldn't be trusted.

If you're going to run a business, you need to be there for the customer 100% of the time, but that guy didn't know how to do that obviously.
+1

My experience with them went exactly the same.

crazyshiza

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, thanks so much for the advice, one last question, for imgburn, I downloaded it and when burning an image it only gives me an option for GCM files not DOL files, do I just rename all my DOL files to GCM and it works perfectly? Thanks.

DOL files are not image files, they are homebrew files so you cannot burn them with imgburn.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, bit the bullet, ordered up a cycloDS from foundmy and already having issues. Ordered on the 15th, which was a friday. I would assume the product might not make it out until monday, but it was a holiday, so tuesday. No emails with tracking numbers, nothing. I've emailed tuesday and wednesday asking if it's been shipped with no replies. I emailed on the 14th asking if the cyclo was in stock and was told yes, so I ordered the next day. I just filed a dispute with paypal. Chances are it will go out in the next day or two, but I'm not going to wait a week or two to file. I need this money back so I can order from someone who can be a little more reputable or at least answer an email.
I'll post back..

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Order from us at www.ModchipCentral.com
smile.gif

I guarantee you will have a great experience with us.

well, if it didn't take paypal 20 effing days to refund my money, I'd be into it right now, i think when I looked it was out of stock, or there was one reason or another I didn't order from you, but you were second on my list and went with foundmy since I had ordered from them before without issue.
I still did not receive any sort of email from foundmy, even after filing a dispute with them, wonderful support eh? On the website it says "Please be patient as with orders we MUST check payment before shipping orders out to avoid any more fraud attempts, so please be patient!" I'm not sure why it takes 6 days, 3 business days to verify a premier paypal member with a confirmed address and a return customer that long to check payment.
I know I'm jumping the gun here a little bit, but when an item is in stock, there is no reason to wait this long. I sold my ds-x with the intention of buying a cyclo to replace within a week at the most, maybe two if I had to order from somewhere with slow shipping. Out of hand is what it is. I'll keep updating and if I can get my money back from foundmy, modchipcentral is getting my money and even if I don't this time, my money is going to them in the future.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
was supposedly shipped today, got a tracking number, will post back in a week or two when it finally arrives. Guessing it was shipped with the slowest way possible, I know nothing about canadian shipping...

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sucks! I want to mod my Gamecube with Xeno GC and foundmy is the only place that has them in stock! Someone help!

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
golden said:
Is this site trustable? Has anyone ever bought anything from them or can tell me if it is a trustable site?

http://www.foundmy.com/

Also, do you get a "your item has been shipped" email or do they just ship it without emailing you?

The guy who owns this site lives in my city and I know him personally. He's a good guy, and this site is definitely trust able.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
amemoryoncelost said:
well, finally, after way too long and a fake tracking number, I have my money back and will be hitting up modchipcentral in a few minutes.
You need to be more patient with this site as I am sure the site is not a scam since I received my items. Generally, if a site is a fake, they won't bother shipping any orders at all once they have scammed the person. If you are too impatient then don't order from them as the site is obviously notorious for having no answered emails and support. Although, when I emailed them the guy did respond back fast so all I can say is I am 100% satisfied and glad I spent my money on foundmy.com. To me, it is an AWESOME site.

Oh, and to however posted the site ratings, I noticed awhile ago that the ratings don't really matter at all because generally the only people who bother coming back to leave feedback to the site are the unhappy customers. The people that received their item perfectly probably don't bother writing a review/rate.

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
generally you're right. I just find it weird that when I email a business to ask if an item is in stock, before a sale has been made, emails go back and forth like we're making money doing it. As soon as the item was bought and my money was gone, it seemed like emails cost him money and he wasn't interested in spending anything. Just a little bummed that even after filing a paypal claim, there were no responses? Why are people interested in running a legitimate business, if they can't even maintain a connection with the customer. When I spent $65 dollars, I shouldn't have to wait a week for a tracking number or just never get an answer to any of my emails. Does that seem like a company anyone wants to do business with? Regardless of if the guy is cool or he has hooked it up in the past, I had a horrid experience and I'm not exactly happy about it. I got my money back, sure, but I had to wait three weeks. Any other business would have had the item to me in half that. Shitty company....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: