Hacking Found something about Castlevania crashes

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So Castlevania POR was working fine before, absolutely no crashes when teleporting but for some stupid reason I defragmented my 1GB Taiwan Kingston (64k clusters FAT). Now it actually crashes while going to a teleporter.

So does this say something? Perhaps there's a certain arrangement of the disk that causes the game to crash.

Discuss.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Certainly does. I had crashes with my 2gb Taiwan Kingston within minutes every time rendering it impossible to play. Formatting FAT with 64k clusters actually FIXED mine and I'm something like 5 hours in with no crashes whatsoever...

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's rarer on specific cards, but it most likely happens anyway (eg. people say it does not crash on Patriot 2GB, but it does). A good way to test is just to go back and forth into the portal room and use the portal - if it doesn't freeze, try it again. Or talk to Vincent/Wind

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's rarer on specific cards, but it most likely happens anyway (eg. people say it does not crash on Patriot 2GB, but it does). A good way to test is just to go back and forth into the portal room and use the portal - if it doesn't freeze, try it again. Or talk to Vincent/Wind
I've only had crashes on two occasions: immediately after pressing "up" on a portal (more rare), and dying (more common).

flanker22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my kingston taiwan card it crashed sometimes when pausing, casting spells, jumping with speed up and of course on the teleporter. I sold that card to a friend so he could use it for his phone.

now i have a us modular japanese microsd (same model number as kingston jap, toshiba jap, and pny jap, basically made in the same factory just different branding/resellers) and it freezes when you get on the teleporter maybe 1% of the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...