Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, one thing that I suggest is being able to leave comments on peoples profiles.
this is some random guys profile from another forum. I'm pretty sure that it is run using the same type of software. I really like how many different things there are for it.

profiles.jpg

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
we need a forum specificly made soo ppl can whorship what is important

and that is me ! so i propose a BONEMONKEY Forum

that is all BoneMonkey has spoken!

Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
we need a forum specificly made soo ppl can whorship what is important

and that is me ! so i propose a BONEMONKEY Forum

that is all BoneMonkey has spoken!

We already have one of those its called the Testing Area

On-Topic: I saw that the archive forum also looks like that and I don't like it it makes it look one of those MySpace thingies.
so... the fact that its a useful profile makes it bad? its not like you can upload pictures all over it and change the background color or anything.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't disagree with the idea, but I'm not sure I see the point. We already have PMs, personal blogs, direct e-mails, a shoutbox, and instant messaging screen names listed. Not to mention the forums themselves. What more would being able to message someone in their profile add? Anything that could be said there could be said via one of the countless other methods I've just listed.
huh.gif

Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't disagree with the idea, but I'm not sure I see the point. We already have PMs, personal blogs, direct e-mails, a shoutbox, and instant messaging screen names listed. Not to mention the forums themselves. What more would being able to message someone in their profile add? Anything that could be said there could be said via one of the countless other methods I've just listed.
huh.gif
A comment is just a comment, its not for tlaking to the person. its just a little friendly comment.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
huh.gif

A comment is just a comment, its not for tlaking to the person. its just a little friendly comment.

Hm, so you're suggesting it be used to comment on the person? Like... "Hey, you're great!", etc? Well that, I think, would not work. It would be far too easy to abuse, and I for one don't want to have to start moderating profiles when someone flames another member via said system.
ph34r.gif

Osaka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
huh.gif

Hm, so you're suggesting it be used to comment on the person? Like... "Hey, you're great!", etc? Well that, I think, would not work. It would be far too easy to abuse, and I for one don't want to have to start moderating profiles when someone flames another member via said system.
ph34r.gif
nope. on the forum that I got that pic from, anyone can delete comments left on their profile.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That is kinda "myspacey".. GBATemp is converging into a social network thing..

GBAtemp isn't really a "social network", nor will we ever be. But we are a community, and the features that were added recently are designed to enhance that sense of community. For a long time there's been this massive disconnect between the forum and the members. For example I know of many of you here, but I don't know many of you personally. In the past we've all laughed, joked, discussed, debated, argued, and whatever else you can think of... but afterwards, after the topics/replies, we'd all go our separate ways into our own little clicks.

These new more social aspects of GBAtemp seek (in theory) to change that; to bridge the gap between members. The buddy/contact list, shoutbox, blogging service, etc, those are all just an extension of what Know Your Temps (KYT) was doing for GBAtemp already. It's a community outreach effort to help us all get to know eachother better and function better as a community. However, that being said, I don't think you'll ever have to worry about us being the next myspace, or anything of that sort.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging