Hacking Formatting SD card?

Jazzafrazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it necessary to format the microSDHC card to play games/run homebrew off a flashcart? I just bought this sd card and a DSTWO. I know that you have to format a wii hard drive to a specific file system. Is that the same for sd cards, as in fat32 or ntfs?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Jazzafrazz said:
Is it necessary to format the microSDHC card to play games/run homebrew off a flashcart? I just bought this sd card and a DSTWO. I know that you have to format a wii hard drive to a specific file system. Is that the same for sd cards, as in fat32 or ntfs?
No if your A-DATA card actually works. that card has had some problems before for some people on various cards..

-Qtis

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
As said above - No... when you get the card it will already be formatted to either FAT or FAT32 & flashcards will works with that format

In fact, the only time you will need to format the card is if you start having problems with it - in the case of flashcards this could be anything like games 'stuttering', or 'file corrupt' messages you might get from time to time.

Usually we (here @ GBATemp) would recommend using the 'Panasonic Formatter' instead of Windows own format, as it seems that Windows don't follow the proper 'SD Formatting standard' exactly
(Usually a 'quick format' will cure most problems, but recently I found I had to do a 'Full Format' on one of my cards)

FYI - I've also read it is also a good idea NOT to keep reformatting a microSD card or to even attempt to Defrag it

Jazzafrazz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies. I myself have actually heard only positive things about A-DATA until now.
wtf.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/