Hacking Formatting an SD Card

MetaKz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So my microSD card ended up getting corrupted, and I am trying to format it so I can get it working again.

So I go into my computer, right click on the drive with my SD Card in it and choose Format.
That brings me to the format window (of course) and I change the settings to FAT(default) and 16kb (cluster size or whatever).
But this is where the problem starts
frown.gif

I am able to Quick Format my SD Card, but I can't Format the SD Card unless I have the Quick Format box checked (Windows can never seem to complete the format when I try to do a non-Quick Format).

So sure, I can't do an actual format, Quick Format should be good enough right?
frown.gif
Nope. Whenever I load up some games on it and try to play them on my SCLite, they end up freezing in my face.
frown.gif
It kinda sucks.. sometimes the files get corrupted again.

My next bet is to find out how to get Windows to do a more thorough format, does anyone have any suggestions?

*Shakes fist at SD Card*

TheBlueStylus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me that sounds like its a busted card already. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion to fix it. All I can try suggesting is try running chkdsk on it perhaps that might fix it, then format with a default cluster size just to see if it works.

MetaKz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the program
smile.gif

Unfortunately it can't get any further than Vista. I forgot to mention that I was using 2 different readers before.. hehe oops!
smile.gif
Anyway, I guess this means it's a good thing they have that 5 year warranty thing. heh. Thanks for the help guys
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021