Formatting an SD Card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by MetaKz, Apr 28, 2007.

1. MetaKz
    OP

MetaKz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2006
    Canada
    So my microSD card ended up getting corrupted, and I am trying to format it so I can get it working again.

So I go into my computer, right click on the drive with my SD Card in it and choose Format.
    That brings me to the format window (of course) and I change the settings to FAT(default) and 16kb (cluster size or whatever).
    But this is where the problem starts [​IMG]
    I am able to Quick Format my SD Card, but I can't Format the SD Card unless I have the Quick Format box checked (Windows can never seem to complete the format when I try to do a non-Quick Format).

So sure, I can't do an actual format, Quick Format should be good enough right? [​IMG] Nope. Whenever I load up some games on it and try to play them on my SCLite, they end up freezing in my face. [​IMG] It kinda sucks.. sometimes the files get corrupted again.

My next bet is to find out how to get Windows to do a more thorough format, does anyone have any suggestions?

*Shakes fist at SD Card*

2. TheBlueStylus

TheBlueStylus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2007
    United States
    To me that sounds like its a busted card already. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion to fix it. All I can try suggesting is try running chkdsk on it perhaps that might fix it, then format with a default cluster size just to see if it works.

3. CatScam

CatScam ScamaRama!

Apr 29, 2006
    United States
    Something is wrong; I would first try using the HP USB format tool.
    If that don’t work I would then try another USB reader & format again.

HP USB format tool (Freeware)
    http://tinyurl.com/yw8ccb

4. MetaKz
    OP

MetaKz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2006
    Canada
    Thanks for the program [​IMG]

Unfortunately it can't get any further than Vista. I forgot to mention that I was using 2 different readers before.. hehe oops! [​IMG] Anyway, I guess this means it's a good thing they have that 5 year warranty thing. heh. Thanks for the help guys [​IMG]

5. fli_guy84

fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2006
    Malaysia
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice