Hacking Formatted my N2DS XL Mirco SD Card - Help

aresaryyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Djibouti
I formatted my Mirco SD with all of my homebrew stuff and backups by accident when i was using the Mirco SD with my camera.

When i try to turn on the 2DS, the blue light blinks for a second and the 2DS shuts off.

I have no idea what to do now.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my Mirco SD with all of my homebrew stuff and backups by accident when i was using the Mirco SD with my camera.

When i try to turn on the 2DS, the blue light blinks for a second and the 2DS shuts off.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/dead-3ds-sd-card-how-do-i-fix-it.506605/#post-8032562
Even though that post is for corrupt SD card, this also applies for accidental reformatting. You can skip steps 2 to 4 if all you're looking to do is data recovery, but it's recommended you do everything anyway if you've never tested the actual legitimacy of your card.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

You just need boot.firm from Luma on your SD card. Download it from here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases (get the second one, NOT the Joyconhax one which is a prank). You'll need to extract the archive.

Reactions: Lacius

aresaryyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Djibouti
It worked! Thank you.
Now the homebrew channel and different other homebrew apps are missing. I'm on System Version 11.6. What to do now?

aresaryyy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Djibouti
I tried L + down + select in both the download play and the health & safety app to switch it to homebrew when i start the app. both end up in an error

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked! Thank you.
Now the homebrew channel and different other homebrew apps are missing. I'm on System Version 11.6. What to do now?
I tried L + down + select in both the download play and the health & safety app to switch it to homebrew when i start the app. both end up in an error
You need to re-download the Homebrew Launcher and your homebrew applications. The Homebrew Launcher boot.3dsx goes on the root of your SD card, and the homebrew applications go into the /3ds/ folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/AjP7B2QFB9E?si=5qT8Ov9brYiIhoGi