Hacking Force games to play in 2D regardless of 3D slider position

Rioluwott

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i have this problem with my 3ds(and a lot of friends have the same issue) where the 3D is always on regardless of the position of the slider its really annoying when you try to play, i know you can just use parental controls for that but every time i try to play any game i get asked for the password and then it ask me if i want to play in 2d or 3d, some emulators play in 3d even when i select play in 2D and when i try to install anything on FBI i have to restart the 3ds to be able to open the game i know they're issues easy to deal with(not counting the emulator issues thats real bad) but after some time it gets really annoying, so i came to ask if anybody knows if there is any solution for this or any workaround, i have some minor programming experience so i may be able to modify luma3ds or something if there is no fix.
anyone has knowledge on this to help me fix this since luma3ds development is really slow since the 3ds life came to an end some time ago
this could help a lot of people with the same issue

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I would probably look at the electronics of the slider to see what is wrong, or how to disable it electrically. It will either involve desoldering a pin/the whole thing, cutting a trace or soldering a wire/resistor between two points. Crazy man version of that is figure out which pin is responsible for the "second" screen part of the and tweak that so it is not there any more (paint it with something non conductive, lift the pin, wedge a bit of paper in the right place...), though that will probably be the worst option as any 3d slowdowns will likely still happen.

Software wise I don't know what options there might before custom firmwares or other launchers here. Hopefully someone else knows more here.
If you want to come the other way then you could probably modify all your ROMs to appear as little kid friendly ROMs, though that will probably do little if various emulators don't respect whatever flag or setting that might be.
I don't know if there is a memory flag to say render in 3d that is common to games. If there is then you could probably also make a cheat to hold that as low.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc