ionmachines

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
12 Languages in 3 versions?????
Europe,Asia,Japan

The header of M3 adapter website says......That gets me worried that maybe the Carts have embeded region/area code expecting a particular firmware version only available in whatever language is assigned for that region/version...sounds like the same shit SONY/SEGA/NINTENDO do/did!

What the HELL for!!!!

I hope this is not so.....as I am a Gaijin/foriegner here in Japan and I got it......(over the counter) and I can't get the SOB to give me English system/font or boot with anything other than a JP system.

I also got the GBA exp pack and Rumble Ram Pack here too...I won't have trouble with those either will I?
Cause all the Homebrew and "Backup Games" I want to run will be in English plus a few in Jap.

Can anyone HELP?

I hope there is a way.....as in the settings there is a system lang select , but just shows Japanese.
I tried copying over and adding the English files from the Euro G6_M3DS_R_E20 but no selection possible.
I have the G6&M3DS-R_J20 (system) on the SD card..it now regognizes (it wouldnt boot with the E20 on the SD card).....either way How can I get an English system to boot or display on a (bought in Japan) M3DS REAL? Is really the bottom line question....?

The only other card like this is the Supercard DS one. and maybe even the G6 since its the same group.
Y cant it be like the DSTT,Acekard rpg/2,Cyclo etc that can accept all languages in one complete system. Or is it because of the use of the Homebrew Apps or wotnot being available in different Lang, as the Roms run fine under what any Lang the system is set too for those above carts.

Any possibilities?

Thats it..........Im fuckin pissed, I made the same mistake with the DS one and was lucky enough to find a ENG version here.........I dont fancy f-ing around a second time.

Ill keep at it, until someone tells me otherwise.....

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=637...5&start=105

CHECK THIS OUT.

My Thanx to Tguellich for the initial link.....here I updated the PIC from MaHe and inc the config for the Jap version.
Okay...all I gotta do now is see if shorting the 2 points really does force a region encode...We shall see.....

ION....I'll get back to this with a result ASAP

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm i dont know if this helps. but try using the systems found on this site. i havent tested it yet. im still waiting for my cart to arrive. i always thought m3real is region free.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kingof4j said:
i always thought m3real is region free.

It isn't. using other firmwares won't work.

Although, you can hardware mod it, but can be more difficult and you can mess up or software mod it (not often updated, not so reliable).

ionmachines

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to change a Jap (1XX) to an Eng (11X) and it F-ing FRIED my DS....or its wiped the original Bios or it screwed up the board, could be any of those I'm not sure until I rip the F-ker apart and see what has happened.............

I tested firstly by using an obsolete Pin from an IC, shorted R8 so that it was now (11X) and nothing happened when it was in the DS and switched on with PSU plugged in. OK...
so I cut power and removed cart the SD and tried again with just the M3. After i already had tested that the DS was OK by powering it by itself once more...it was. But that second time meant my DS's DOOM........S..O...B!!!!!!!!!

So now the bugger has no power.under batt, blank screens,but battery is OK, no lights, no power under battery only use. Only if I plug in the PSU i get a short flash of PSU Orange and then ZIP..If I switch it on with the on/off i get a flash of Green power indicator light, then flashes to Orange and then ZIP. I can switch on/off,on/off as many times as I want and just a quick flash of Green light and DEAD.

Dirty Bastard ....anyway... I un-shorted R8 and the Little Shit M3 is working fine again in Japanese (can ya beleive it)...lucky I got more than 1 DS...for now!!!

Soo..any ideas from my description as to what the HELL happened...or do I need to upload a quickie movie of the disaster...

ANYONE???!!!!

Maybe I should have used a 0-ohm resistor????????????????????If I can get em

Anyway just shorting them willy-nilly doesnt hold water......or Grace ....in my book!!
Anybody with a Fool proof way ,if there is 1....back to the drawing board...*sigh* plus more swear words...
And u thought Carts cant destroy your DS .....HA!!!!
PS My ROHS board is the usual m3-ndsReal-cp2 but inc a date upon the board 2007/07/18
other than that it looks identical, both sides to the pics listed here, and my Actel chip is BLOB free

Actually looking close at the alignment of the R6-R9 points, they definately runthru to the opisite side of the board right under the Actel chip
ION

ionmachines

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx again tguellich....Ill check out the Link.....BTW what happened do u think?????

Any ideas...I dont fancy trying that 1 again if Its ginna give that sort of result!!!!

ION

PS and it was a Damn clean solder too

no runs or nothing

OK....UPDATE......

What I'm about to reveal is WIERD SHIT......

Right...firstly....The DS that did in fact Blow F2 fuse (now Bridged) working again (thank G) was a Crimson/Black. Well....It just does not like the M3 R..

it runs all my other carts Supercard DS1,cyclo,DStt,acekard rpg...sweet...M3R Huh! Forget it. I put the M3 in, power up.......opps...Dead machine no power lights, no screens....Take out the M3....DS powers up like normal.....WIERD.....

I put the M3 in my other DS (we have a big family, cant have 1 without the other eh!) works fine boots up on 2 other crystal white DS's.
Any tech buffs know whats going on. Is the M3 toooo much of a power consumer to run or wot??

Either way , the C/B DS had no troubles before I plugged in the M3R!!!?

Any feedback!! would be nice

Im sure others would like to know too

ION

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what is the latest hfw?