one lazy schmo
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
From an anonymous source, I received a picture that shows the difference between Chinese and English version of M3 DS Real.
It's concept is quite similar to the one in the initial edition of R4/M3 Simply.

29nywm0.gif

The picture of the Chinese M3 DS Real was taken from www.scorpei.com, so credits go to him.
Also, I cannot confirm the method, neither am I responsible if it doesn't work. However, I think my source (who prefers to stay anonymous) is to be trusted.

If you want to spare a few bucks and have basic soldering skill, well ...
wink.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in irc speek: /me goes off to eat his words

Never thought they'd do that again. I guess cutting corners (not making 2 separate PCB revisions, but still charge extra for the different version) at manufacture would be the idea...

gcstr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
spare some dollars?? do you mean that the english version, when it comes out, will be more than the $34.90 that dealextreme is charging for the chinese version? About how much more?

69th_eye

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How exactly would you mod one of these then? I am not quite sure where to get 0ohm resistors, seeing as 0ohms kind of defeats the purpose...
0 Ohm resistor = wire (connection without resistance). Wire = Tin. Rhat mean you can simply remove the resistorr and put a blob of solding tin in its place. Like R4/M3DSsimply. Do it like this however with resistor means it can be done in the factory (not needing a human: this is done by machine --> cheaper).

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cool but I wonder if they fixed this in the intial product runs. will have to see when I get mine.

I still think it is absolutely idiotic to have 'protection' on a flash cartridge.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still think it is absolutely idiotic to have 'protection' on a flash cartridge.

Exactly, seeing what they are used for I think it is a bit of a joke. Flash carts are used to play roms mainly but they want their own stuff protected??

It's most obviously just a way to squeeze some extra hard earned cash out of americans and europeans to slightly fatten some chink's bank account. Also eventually someone hacks the firmware and releases a tool then nobody has to modify hardware. It is just stupid plainly. If they made it real difficult for people, people would definitely switch to another product but there's too much competition so they do this little nancy-pants 'shareware version' protection scheme to their devices which is laughable.

Anyhow all flames aside, will have to see how price wars go, it seems like dealextreme pushes the costs down on other more greedy online console supply stores these days.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Exactly, seeing what they are used for I think it is a bit of a joke. Flash carts are used to play roms mainly but they want their own stuff protected??

It's most obviously just a way to squeeze some extra hard earned cash out of americans and europeans to slightly fatten some chink's bank account. Also eventually someone hacks the firmware and releases a tool then nobody has to modify hardware. It is just stupid plainly. If they made it real difficult for people, people would definitely switch to another product but there's too much competition so they do this little nancy-pants 'shareware version' protection scheme to their devices which is laughable.

Anyhow all flames aside, will have to see how price wars go, it seems like dealextreme pushes the costs down on other more greedy online console supply stores these days.

Yup, and considering their prices are already low, they still can afford free shipping internationally. The only problem is that their shipping takes a while longer than other sites.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kaisai, which one did u order?

my shipment is here, I just have to go pick it up. win. So they're still stalling another week on the English version, should've been out by now. tsk tsk. watch dealextremes want $55 for it when it comes out and nobody buy it
biggrin.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the current Chinese ones shipping have this exact layout, however I'm not sure how to open the cartridge. It looks like they probably used a tiny screw at the upper left corner of the cartridge and the only way would be to remove the M3 label and unscrew it. Doesn't sound too fun but hopefully they used some cheap glue and it'll come off and go back together clean. I may have to mod mine soon, this Chinese makes it a little bit more complicated to use and the game names all show up in Chinese if you put them in the /nds/ folder. Stupid that you have to mod the thing to make it work right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol