• Start date
  • Views 1,910
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey Guys.

I'd like to ask if anyone knows the compression type used by Forbidden Magna

Link removed according to GBATemp rules.

There are a few files here, but the larger ones (and the ones I assume will contain models and textures) are compressed files with a header that says NLK2. I've never come across a format like that one before.

Would anyone be able to take a look and see if they discover anything at all.

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will have a look at it.

Edit: It doesn't seem to be compressed to me. Rather an archive/container format or something.

D

Deleted User

OP
Awesome, if you need anymore files let me know, I've had a look at the map files for this game and they're compressed with what looks like the same method, but I can see there are clearly CGFX files hidden in them.

D

Deleted User

OP
There is a typo in your thread title. Also I don't think you can post downloads containing files from commercial roms.
I wondered this actually. As if you look at any thread where people are discussing file formats an example file is almost always uploaded, the Every File Explorer thread is an example of that. But if its not ok then I'll remove the link with no problems at all.

As for the typo, yeah I make this typo all the time with this game.

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awesome, if you need anymore files let me know, I've had a look at the map files for this game and they're compressed with what looks like the same method, but I can see there are clearly CGFX files hidden in them.
Could I have one with CGFX inside? That might be easier to figure out.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you look at any thread where people are discussing file formats an example file is almost always uploaded, the Every File Explorer thread is an example of that.
We delete files uploaded by users if it's from a game, but can't read all the posts from all the threads so we could miss some links. Users can also report when they see illegal links, but they usually are happy to find illegal content instead of reporting it for deletion...

D

Deleted User

OP
We delete files uploaded by users if it's from a game, but can't read all the posts from all the threads so we could miss some links. Users can also report when they see illegal links, but they usually are happy to find illegal content instead of reporting it for deletion...

No problem.
I was about to remove the file but it looks like someone already did it. Thankyou, I'll make sure not to do it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.