Apple for the ipod touch 4th gen

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You can quickly access settings from practically anywhere with SBSettings, apply custom themes with WinterBoard, and find many other tweaks (like adding five icons to the dock).

ZeroTm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You can install [Redacted], which is mandatory for every jailbroken ipod touch. There are also tons of custom themes for your apps, dtunes, and lots of other shit, that you need. I actually think that my ipod would be worthless without the jailbreak.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
#1 Reason: Piracy. Get all those paid apps for free.
Other reasons:
- Aesthetic customization. As mentioned, you can have 5x5 rows and columns, which will be useful once you fill your iPod with pirated apps. Since you're running iOS 4.2.1, you already have the ability to change your background but those with earlier iPods don't unless we jailbreak.

And I can't think of any other reasons.
unsure.gif
If you don't want to pirate, then there's really no reason to jailbreak.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're not a pirate, you can (and probably should) still jailbreak, you can add many features including animated GIF wallpapers, awesome tweaks etc.. But jailbreaking might slightly slow down your phone and cause it to sleep randomly. If you are a pirate, needless to say jailbreak now and install [Redacted].

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
all those emulators you can get
biggrin.gif

AMazin customizations like a HTC theme for example (with winterboard)

trust me my dad was the same as you "i don;t need it because my iphone runs fine"\
i told him to jailbreak and he refused. eventually he got really hooked on his jailbroken iphone and get multifl0w

AC/DS

Trophies
XP
Country
"what are the benefits of jailbreaking? "

I often wonder this too. I must have switched between JB and non-JB like 5 times so far. First I thought I wanted to try those emulators (especially GBA and PSX) but then I saw they were not free. What the fuck? They are free on every platform, but here I have to BUY them through Cydia? Fuck that.
Then I tried to be a pirate and downloaded lots of cracked games....just to become flooded with them and bored. Fuck that, I DO NOT need that many games I said to myself.
Removed the JB off my iPod and now, so far, all seems good.
I PAY for my apps (those devs deserve money for the hard work don't they?) and besides, the prices are ridiculously low compared to what games cost on other handhelds.
Also, hunting for free or low-priced games is more fun then just downloading cracked apps.
God only knows how long I will remain this way, being a good guy and paying for games. I must say, one can easily become flooded with games even this way - there are just too many free or cheap games a gamer like me does not want to miss.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Practically jailbreak for the fun of it.

Show off your iDevice saying look I totally jailbroke it.

Be vain for once.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you jailbreak, you bring down the walls put up by Apple. You remove any restriction, and you're left with whatever your device can handle. Apps can access the file system, tweaks can be made. You can publish an app without getting a license. If you can develop apps and tweaks, the possibilities are truly endless. If you can't, you can use what others made.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
AC/DS said:

I often wonder this too. I must have switched between JB and non-JB like 5 times so far. First I thought I wanted to try those emulators (especially GBA and PSX) but then I saw they were not free. What the fuck? They are free on every platform, but here I have to BUY them through Cydia? Fuck that.
You know that you can pirate Cydia apps, too?
When I had my touch, I jailbroke it, but refused to pay for emulators, or any other Cydia app. Or any apps at all.
tpi.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gnargle said:
AC/DS said:

You know that you can pirate Cydia apps, too?
When I had my touch, I jailbroke it, but refused to pay for emulators, or any other Cydia app. Or any apps at all.
tpi.gif
TAHT is the true use of jailbreaking. To screw the screwer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol looks about as fun as a root canal