Not open for further replies.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shall have to figure out how many countries still have conscription, and indeed how many of those do not have a national service style opt out for the so inclined. I am betting for the former there are still a few, with the latter though it is probably going to be "nowhere you want to live".
Also I still find it amusing "go to war" is a term used by normal people now.

The United States has it (insert "nowhere you want to live" comment here). We haven't had a draft since Vietnam, but every male of age has to sign up should another one ever be instituted.

Otherwise that was a fine example of bitch about one thing, go on to use the thing you just bitched about as you argument. That said most MRA stuff I see is laughable, that could possibly sway some less unbalanced people.

I think that they make some good points, but the "movement" as a whole is kind of silly. A lot of people take the "Men face problems, too" angle and then jump overboard into "Men are oppressed by women" angle in the same way that a lot of people take the "Women face a lot of problems and pressures" and go whole hog "It's the patriarchy!"

also, I just realized something. Did /b/ technically even kill the guy? All they did was send boxes. By that logic, any prank is immoral if the guy commits suicide, and ONLY IF the he commits suicide.

The guy was already unstable, and they sent boxes to the point that he was physically unable to leave his house; they were so piled up that he was basically trapped.

To be fair, it's /b/. It's the shithole containment board, so a little bad behavior isn't too shocking.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That ended in 1973, quite a few there quite possibly have grandchildren at this point. Likewise when the minor fear of it arose a few years back there looked like there might have been several legal hurdles to overcome, this would probably then place it in "there is still technically a (or remnants of a) legal framework" territory. Compared to several places in Europe (Finland, Switzerland and Greece probably being the big three), Asia and the middle east it is quite different.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
8ImMGY5.png

:rofl2:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

PFFT, ALL THOSE THIN-PRIVILEGED FAT-SHAMING ASSHOLE ENGINEERS ARE JUST ASSHOLES FOR RUINING THE FUN OF ALL THE BEAUTIFUL, TOTALLY HEALTHY, AND PERFECT IN EVER SINGLE WAY LIFE STYLE OF THE SO-CALLED "OVERWEIGHT". :cry: WHO CARES IF I CAN'T FIT IN THEIR FAT-SHAMING SEATS, I'D RATHER KILL OFF ALL THE STUPID DISEASE-RIDDEN THIN-PRIVILEGED ASSHOLES JUST SO I CAN HAVE MY WAY.

I used to know a guy who used to work at an amusement park. I say used to, because he was fired for letting a bitchy obese woman onto a ride when she was clearly physically unable to do so. His boss told him he had endangered the other 20+ individuals just by letting her on, and that any of the individuals on the ride could have sued the park for endangering their safety.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me she was arrested.

It seems like she got off with a very stern talking to, so... yeah.

Though considering she did all this brandishing her employer's logo, she might not hold her job for very much longer.

EDIT: As it turns out, travelling is racist.

iepfGxg.jpg

Yeah! If only the white people and the colored people people of color (almost forgot to check myself before I wrecked myself) could live in their own areas, you know? And, like, never interact. They could just stay totally separate, and they wouldn't even have to share water fountains or bus seats or schools or even restaurants. I think there's a word for that, but I must've forgotten it.

Anyway, I'm sure that'd work out just dandy.

Reactions: chavosaur

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

[picture]

Yeah! If only the white people and the colored people people of color (almost forgot to check myself before I wrecked myself) could live in their own areas, you know? And, like, never interact. They could just stay totally separate, and they wouldn't even have to share water fountains or bus seats or schools or even restaurants. I think there's a word for that, but I must've forgotten it.

Wonder what would happen if the poster ever learned that there are white people that live in Africa, Asia (Australia surely counts) or even white Arabs.

Anyway that is no fun so a song

Reactions: ProtoKun7

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

You clearly do not get it, at no point in history was empire building ever undertaken by anybody other than the savage* white man. Moreoever the white man is an utterly homogeneous group.

*we are in 2014 so the colonial definition of savage has to change, for upon reflect we (despite you and I having only invaded an average of three countries) were the savages.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems like she got off with a very stern talking to, so... yeah.

Though considering she did all this brandishing her employer's logo, she might not hold her job for very much longer.

iepfGxg.jpg

I just realized this was in Columbus. I'm disgusted even more.

I alike around 1:55 when the cop shows up she acts like she's a hero for thinking she's arrested.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just realized this was in Columbus. I'm disgusted even more.

I alike around 1:55 when the cop shows up she acts like she's a hero for thinking she's arrested.

I must admit I do dislike sitting around coffee shops hearing how people "discovered" a place when in fact people had "discovered" is several hundred years earlier, or longer still if you count indigenous tribes.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now for the opposite end of the spectrum, this image courtesy of Framework on IRC

What is hamstering in this context? I would look it up but I fear I would have to dban my system to feel like I want to use it again.

Jesus Christ, I can hear the neckbeard bristling from across the internet.

That's impressive.

You know what, let's be fair. It's very easy to bitch about people travelling when you only travel between the local Starbucks and your parents' basement.

Reactions: ProtoKun7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy