For all who has problems with Acekard

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by woffi63, Mar 12, 2010.

Mar 12, 2010
  1. woffi63
    OP

Newcomer woffi63 Member

Germany
    This maybe help all who have problems with the Acekard.

I myself had several issues with Acekard and Akaio. Sometimes the system - settings get resetted too, every time i softreset a game, or suddenly a game is no more starting, saves are corrupted, sometimes the system freezes and so on.

So long i always use PanasonicFormatter on my Vista System to Format the MicroSD. Copying of the files from PC to SD is also done on Vista System.

Yesterday i tried that all with my other PC who has Ubuntu 9.10 on it. Formatting with Gparted, copying all done on Ubuntu. And from this time on my problems are blown away. Everything works fine!

For all who has similar problems - a try is worth it!!

2. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    Yeah, not sure does the panasonic thing help.
    I just am a bloke and do not care to format my cards with that fancy formatter tool - Just windows' own tool is enough for me.

And never had problems either so...

3. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Not everyone's lucky enough to have 2 computers & even more so having two computer with 2 different operating systems on them [​IMG] - so ......any OTHER tip for us "one PC/OS users" !!!! [​IMG]

4. woffi63
    OP

Newcomer woffi63 Member

Germany
    Yes, i have a tip for "one PC-User".
    1. Ubuntu can be started as a Live-session from CD, nothing is changed at your system (it could even started from a USB-Stick)
    2. Linux, espacially Ubuntu can be installed on the same Machine as Windows (Dual-boot-system)
    3. Use HP - USB Formattool (for Windows), instead of Panasonic-formatter (for me it get better results)
    4. Gparted is available as Live-CD from here: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php, so no one must install a complete OS, burn the downloaded iso, start with the burned CD, and format your TF with Gparted - thats it.

5. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    You dont mention WHAT KIND of AK are you using...

Many people got almost the same problems, but when they tell, that have AK2.1, and the problem is still there, although they formated properly etc -> this HINT cant help, cause they have card from BAD BATCH...

6. woffi63
    OP

Newcomer woffi63 Member

Germany

Ok, i forgot.
    I am using (three of that kind) AK 2.1 HW: 80 SVN:803 (from Focalprice - last September)