Hacking focalprice.com

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I've used them only once (ordered some cheap crap to test their reliability) and I recieved the items within 2 weeks of ordering (just before christmas which is pretty good). I'd consider them next time with something alittle bit more expensive maybe.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
My order was shipped 2 days from the order time, so that's pretty good I guess, still waiting for it to get here, but that shouldn't be too long seeing as though hong kong to Australia is pretty quick.

In my opinion, this processing time is somewhat better than DX, with DX despite the 'in stock - ships in 1-3 days', my order stays in 'expedited order received - in stock' for like 5 days...

Customer support is not that great, but if you can get into contact with the guy on live support its pretty good!

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
I presume shipping from focalprice would be the same as Dealextreme and other suppliers from hongkong.

I would suggest against double posting next time as you might get warned, use the edit button to add more to your post next time =P

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
It's alright, kinda like DX in terms of shipping, a bit more unpredictable imo. I've had to wait as long as 2 months for a package while one time it shipped in a week. Generally about 2-3 weeks, a bit slower than DX. Their staff also seems a bit shadier, learns to word things in a way to avoid saying that they are selling fakes and stuff. Their support is absolute crap, but asides from that, you will get what you ordered. Not sure about refunds though.

some bits of what PharaohsVizier said was is true..... here is my experience.

i ordered from them once.... i didnt opt of the registered post the first time. waited like over 1month for the item and still didnt get it. couldnt file a dispute on paypal because it was over the grace period. but i managed to get hold of the support staff. they send me the item again without charge and with registered post. the item came within 1 week, the bonus is that the first item (that thought was lost in post came too) i ended up having 2 of the same items. (i know they didnt post 2 to me at the same time because of the timestamp on the package) so hush hush! =D

what i brought was a r4. (yes its old. but its cheap and i want to test their service and i wanted a spare replacement along wif my collection)

both r4 that came, was real. i asked them before buying it, and they didnt lie to be about it, unlike most sites.

about the staff being shadier? im not sure about that... they seems ok. the support is great, quick responce unlike DX (dx tickets sometimes take up to 3-4 days to be solved) but with focalprice... u do have to know wot their working hours is tho. they opperate in Hong Kong. so u have to work out when they actually start work (around 10-11am GMT+8)

refunds? hmmm i have to try that one first.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Their deals are good.
I can agree with the unpredictable shipping here. It's taken anywhere from 5 days (rare) to 3 weeks for me.
I would highly suggest not buying the games on there, but flashcards seem to be okay. Haven't bought one yet but I will soon.

mhkwong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
When I asked them whether one of their R4's were real for the instant messaging they kept dodging the question, which is why I felt that they were shady. I don't mean they are shady from not sending you stuff, but I think they are deliberately trying to sell some of their fake items as real ones. Just searching up their forum you can see what I mean:

Boullard: Hello, Does anyone know if this game genuine or is it a (bad) copy ? Thanks for your answer !
Dylan: It will work as a real one

Pretty shifty. I asked them about the games too, and again they dodged the question and obviously I made it more clear. And in the end after making it as clear as possible they still couldn't give me an answer, they just said that they didn't know.

Now maybe they really don't know and they dodge the question so they don't provide wrong info. I'm not saying I wouldn't recommend the site, I buy from them from time to time, but something about them makes me uncomfortable. I certainly wouldn't purchase expensive items from them. But some of their deals are pretty good.
smile.gif

haha.... yeh i just tested them. asked them about acekard 2. they answer some.... but they dodge the question asking them if they are fake or not and if it has black pcb or blue pcb board. they dodge it by saying. our staff at the warehouse is not in at the moment. come back an hour later... an hour later... they will either answer me saying... they are still not in yet. or the online chat is disconnected.

haha. i know what u mean about the games. personally i wont buy the games from them, since i been to Hong Kong and China. especially China, i see a lot of those fake nds games. the colour of the picture on the box/cart is faded. and the shell is badly made and without the serial number at the back. i wont recommend them for buying expensive stuff there too... but some of their stuff can match wif DX prices. which is great.

kenman1

OP
Trophies
Website
www.focalprice.com
XP
Country
United States
mhkwong said:
PharaohsVizier said:
When I asked them whether one of their R4's were real for the instant messaging they kept dodging the question, which is why I felt that they were shady. I don't mean they are shady from not sending you stuff, but I think they are deliberately trying to sell some of their fake items as real ones. Just searching up their forum you can see what I mean:

Boullard: Hello, Does anyone know if this game genuine or is it a (bad) copy ? Thanks for your answer !
Dylan: It will work as a real one

Pretty shifty. I asked them about the games too, and again they dodged the question and obviously I made it more clear. And in the end after making it as clear as possible they still couldn't give me an answer, they just said that they didn't know.

Now maybe they really don't know and they dodge the question so they don't provide wrong info. I'm not saying I wouldn't recommend the site, I buy from them from time to time, but something about them makes me uncomfortable. I certainly wouldn't purchase expensive items from them. But some of their deals are pretty good.
smile.gif

haha.... yeh i just tested them. asked them about acekard 2. they answer some.... but they dodge the question asking them if they are fake or not and if it has black pcb or blue pcb board. they dodge it by saying. our staff at the warehouse is not in at the moment. come back an hour later... an hour later... they will either answer me saying... they are still not in yet. or the online chat is disconnected.

haha. i know what u mean about the games. personally i wont buy the games from them, since i been to Hong Kong and China. especially China, i see a lot of those fake nds games. the colour of the picture on the box/cart is faded. and the shell is badly made and without the serial number at the back. i wont recommend them for buying expensive stuff there too... but some of their stuff can match wif DX prices. which is great.

i just ask them about there pcb board they say get back to them a hour later and there live help is ok nice.

I just order from them on 1/9/09 when will they finsh there processing state it been like that for 2 days
tongue.gif

kenman1

OP
Trophies
Website
www.focalprice.com
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Well I recently tried live help again, they are pretty nice if they aren't really dodging anything. I asked them if they could check if a pair of headphones have J or Y cords on them, and they said they'd check ASAP. Next morning I got an email from them.
smile.gif

ohmy.gif
No fair I sent them a email and they never reply also how long do it take for them to finsh there prossecing part and move to shipping

kenman1

OP
Trophies
Website
www.focalprice.com
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Not sure what you ordered, but this processing stage is generally about stock, not really about the time it takes. And they probably take weekends off, so ordering it Friday, you might get it shipped soon.

I order a acekard 2 don't know if it a 2.1 and a 4GB Genuine Transcend MicroSDHC Class6 TF Card

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
I can tell you now they're about the same speed as Dealextreme, maybe processing is 1-2 days quicker, but it's basically the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1