PS1/2 FMCB memory card step to step Question?

BamDeafPie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting FMCB memory card this Monday.

So I am still looking for guide how to install FMCB into PS2 from memory card. I googled and found nothing. Can anyone help me please? Thanks!

Also I need to know how to patch something called ESR in burnt disc so hacked ps2 can read it?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

So I am still looking for guide how to install FMCB into PS2 from memory card. I googled and found nothing. Can anyone help me please? Thanks!

Also I need to know how to patch something called ESR in burnt disc so hacked ps2 can read it?
I think you misunderstood something. FMCB is designed to run from your memory card. You simply plug the card in, and your PS2 is automagically hacked as long as you keep it in.
You can however install FMCB to another memory card, if you want to have it on multiple PS2s at the same time.

As for the ISO patching you can use ESR disc patcher GUI. You could've spared other people the trouble by simply googling "ESR patcher" as that showed the right results on the first page. Here's a link: http://filetrip.net/oldies-downloads/ps2/download-esr-disc-patcher-024a-f7597.html

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All you have to do is google "freemcboot" and click the first link. Or click this: http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/

But, if you're getting a memory card that already has FreeMcBoot on it, you don't have to anything but plug it in, like Jdbye said. In order to play backups, you must use the ESR patcher, again, like Jdbye said. You open the patcher, select your iso, patch it, and then burn it. Once that's done, plug in your FreeMcBooted card, turn the PS2 on, go to ESR in the menu, put in your backup DVD, and you're good to go. That's all you need to know to play backups.

BamDeafPie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it work. Now what about USB? I do the same thing? I'd need to use USB for FAT ps2 since it can't read anything, always read disc error. Even if it always give me read disc error without FMCB. With FMCB, will it work? For disc read, I mean.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it work. Now what about USB? I do the same thing? I'd need to use USB for FAT ps2 since it can't read anything, always read disc error. Even if it always give me read disc error without FMCB. With FMCB, will it work? For disc read, I mean.
If your PS2 can't read anything without FreeMcBoot, I doubt it would read anything with it. You can use a USB, but it's much faultier than using discs. http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/usb.php

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse