Homebrew Discussion Flycast Dreamcast Emulator Is Coming Soon

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfomance seemed much better with the threaded rendering option turned on, which is off by default. You also need synchronous rendering to stop some occasional wierdness but together things ran much smoother.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried getting the latest RA Nightly. Cores are not included, and the Switch NRO is not present. Seems the Nightly Builds from the 22nd to now are that way, only being 119MB in Size.

EDIT - Just tested the new Build Posted this morning (latest). CapvsSNK2 (DC) no longer has the Sprite Issue. No Slowdowns, and seems to be running absolutely perfect. Dont seem to notice any Issues :D

EDIT II - MvsC2 has a slight improvement, but once too many things start happening In-Game, like 2+ Characters are on Screen, and everyone is doing something.......the FPS drop like a rock. Thinking this Game might be a little much, and will take quite a while until it gets figured out, then gets taken care of.

Last edited by Smoker1,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Perfomance seemed much better with the threaded rendering option turned on, which is off by default. You also need synchronous rendering to stop some occasional wierdness but together things ran much smoother.
It should be on by default tho. I set the define.
Just tried getting the latest RA Nightly. Cores are not included, and the Switch NRO is not present. Seems the Nightly Builds from the 22nd to now are that way, only being 119MB in Size.
Give the bot 12h
Isn't it a core for retroarch? What it wouldn't work on SX OS?
SX is missing key features

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually seems I squashed the change out by accident.
Fixing it.
Edit: Will be in time for the bot build https://github.com/m4xw/flycast/commit/721dda061980dc27ece3faafb709e5bcb6a5c605

Last edited by m4xw,

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got Atomiswave to run. Took a older BIOS and added them to the current BIOS. Before with the current BIOS, I could not get them to run. Now, no problems.

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum - Slight slowdown during Intro, but when you get In-Game, it seems to be running around 1/2 Speed or 1/4 Speed, depending on what is going on, on screen.

Metal Slug 6 - Slight slowdown In-Game, but once more Items start going on In-Game, FPS crashes like no other, and you also get Sprite/Graphic Issues.

Last edited by Smoker1,

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded the built 3 posts above, Soul Calibur is playable but still has geometry issues for me (whole bunch of plain triangles going into horizon on the intro, char select screen black except for two slivers, two slim triangles radiating out from center of play screen.) Has anyone got this to work better?

bottmint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded the built 3 posts above, Soul Calibur is playable but still has geometry issues for me (whole bunch of plain triangles going into horizon on the intro, char select screen black except for two slivers, two slim triangles radiating out from center of play screen.) Has anyone got this to work better?
Did you enable per strip rendering in the core options?

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

RisingHopperZeroOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Tested the new build and sadly maken x still has issues :(

Attachments

• 2019092508492800-ECB041E0C26C6D18D483E2EB803A60F4.jpg
    2019092508492800-ECB041E0C26C6D18D483E2EB803A60F4.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 132

tabnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta Build 2.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 same slow down as before.

Naomi (with valid bios file) crash on loading any valid dat or bin file.

Capcom vs. SNK 2 graphics fix but still have little slowdown.

tman708

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere/hekate supports file-based emummc. Just saying.
yeah but it has the speed of the snail thats what I used to test flycast when I found out it was atmosphere only yesterday so its not worth it for me until there are improvements with it so its up to par with SXOS filed based emunand

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beta Build 2.

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 same slow down as before.

Naomi (with valid bios file) crash on loading any valid dat or bin file.

Capcom vs. SNK 2 graphics fix but still have little slowdown.
The Version I am using,
Capcom vs. SNK 2 - Millionaire Fighting 2001 v1.001 (2001)(Capcom)(NTSC)(JP)(en)[!]
I dont notice any Issues or slowdowns. Seems to work perfectly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: First she gets the clap, then I get the slap? +1