Gaming Fluidity demo and full versions released today.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
OP
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
9zpBAG9IyL1p8ogMKJwTts1Lg9jbQ3L9.jpg
C_1c9cjv3_gCnnaK1uuk-RQpUOm8wlmu.jpg
For those who don't follow Shop Channel releases, Fluidity was finally released today for US users, after some considerable hype. The game is a physics-based puzzler where the player rotates the world in order to manipulate ordinary H20 in order to clean up a picturebook world which has had ink spilled all over it. In addition to simple rotation, raising the Wiimote sharply allows the player to jump, and various ability stamps add to the capabilities of your water. It's also worth noting that you're not always controlling liquid water, but also dealing with ice and steam.

Alongside the full game (1200 points) was released a free demo of the first stage, pictured above and featured in the video below, which among another challenges requires you to deliver a stranded fish to his fishbowl by carrying him in your stream. Developed by London-based Curve Studios (best known for the Buzz quiz franchise and Explodemon) and published by Nintendo, if the demo is anything to go by, the game has succeeded in turning a physics experiment into an extremely playable platforming video game. If you're in the US, at least check out the demo; the game might not look like much, but it feels like this might be a rare gem for the extremely hit-and-miss WiiWare service.

Official web site

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
By the way, it was dumped by someone on a site, not a scene release though. It's pretty fun, it reminds me of Loco Roco but with an original twist. So far I have 20 Rainbow Drops, I imagine the game has about 50 or so... Then there's also the puzzle pieces, so far I have 3. Oh and I love the game's aesthetics, it kind of looks like a comic book, pretty neat.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
OP
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I think the demo said there were over 80 Rainbow Drops, so yeah, the game does feel quite massive, both in individual stage sizes and the amount there is to do. I read a description which described it as a Metroid game with water as the protagonist, and it really isn't far wrong. Except the water's latest release wasn't insulting to all water and doesn't run around flashing its tits. And it's good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi