Hardware FlatMii Disc Drive problem

Kyusuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lilsypha sent me her FlatMii since she doesn't need it anymore, I've sorta installed it (didn't reassemble the case yet) but tests show that although the FlatMii itself and ISO streaming was fine, the disc drive mucks up. If I have FlatMii in "Drive Connected" mode or just unplug the USB, the disc drive becomes operational, however when I put a disc in, it reads the disc then I get the error message stating that a error has occured, eject the disc and contact Wii support or something.

To ensure it wasn't the drive itself, I connected the drive directly into the Wii again and tested a game on it, with successful results.
It shouldn't be the DVD ribbon cable used to connect the drive to the FlatMii if it can issue a successful eject command to the drive however I'm unsure if that is the case.

Would anyone have any idea as to what may be the problem and if it can be fixed?

Much appreciated.

parannoyed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending on your system menu version, and to point out the obvious, check to make sure you have the latest flatmii software (there's a new one for 4.2 and the NSMB protection). Aside from that, sorry, I've never used mine with the drive connected, since the reason I got a flatmii is because my drive is broken (DRE's constantly).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY