Hacking Flatmii Announced

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to say i think it is doodoo. i watched their installation guide and it "looks" like it would make since but conveniently after you hang the wire out the back of the usb port the video ends without a part 2 of the installation. why is a disk even needed to be put in if you are booting off the disk "rerouter" to an external source? Nice looking homepage though.

EDIT: ah i didn't see the wii sports game very clearly, also not in defense of the video it does take a little while for my wii to load backup loader and hook it. so i am going with he probably ejected the wiisports and inserted spyro, what he should have done was showed himself hitting the eject button with the wiisports coming out at the end of the video.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Or possibly the drive needs to some how appear to be running to manipulate the system into thinking it is running from the disc? Or maybe they can manipulate that elsewhere... I really don't have the intellect to make a guess like that though.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where is part 2 of the tutorial...this sound so fake....cable looks the same as the cable for the D2Pro modchip... there is no real evidence so this is fake. otherwise the creators would make it clear that it works don't you think?

my 2 cents...back to our current program....GH:WT!! :-)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiisel said:
seems like a lot of fluffing over nothing if you could install a splitter and switch between drive and USB it would have its uses but to replace the drive completely with a PC you might aswell just wait for higher compatability in Dolphin. I would rather see a decent sized HDD replace the drive with suitable controller even if it is more expensive and FTP files to it.

I don't expect Dolphin to have a compatibility as high as the backup launcher's compatibilty. There aren't even good ps2 emulators around, at least there wasn't one as i looked the last time. And for Wii emulation you need a gaming pc, for this Flatmii, if it's real, you only need very low processing power and a usb2.0 port.

I would prefer a wii drive connector to ide or sata adapter over both modchips and this.

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off,
ill belive anything Jesse Sanders has to say avatar wins me
tongue.gif

but on to the real topic. this does seems possible but im still in the stage of i wanna see if with my eyes with the screen and Wii on the camera no moving around. and id love to see it from the INITAL PLUG IN of the power. for all we know its a swap disc or something.... or even worst... someone ACTUALLY make a Animated banner that looks exactly like the DISC CHANNEL. and running gamma off it or something lolol

it looks like it could be real but seriously just cause its on www.flatmii.com doesn't mean aything you can goto www.godaddy.com and get a domain for almost nothing. and why are all the videos stored on youtube... why not on your OWN to domain ??

some things about this make it strange.

pir

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WiiCrazy said:
Well installation video shows that it is actually 99% percent true... I don't see any reason someone getting into all the hassle of registering a web site, creating presentations and such...
Maybe to make some money out of it. Trying to get people as resellers and never ship them anything after they paid their order.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
In many countries it is legal to install and use a Modchip in your personal game console.
It's in News, then Disclaimer. They obviously still call it a modchip, and they put upa site with the icons, but no downloads, they could have at least put a coming soon if they wanted realism. But I'll wait and see.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fake or real it won't kill mod chips or soft mods as some ppl have said just as it didn't kill mod chips and soft mods for the ps2 when hd loader was released.
it's a welcome hack if it's real if not there are gonna be some ppl getting scammed.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wolffangalchemist said:
fake or real it won't kill mod chips or soft mods as some ppl have said just as it didn't kill mod chips and soft mods for the ps2 when hd loader was released.
it's a welcome hack if it's real if not there are gonna be some ppl getting scammed.

the thing is from what i see you have to disconnect the drive so this just leaves you with iso only loading it would be great if it was like HDloader as you would still have disc funtionality and it would be a welcomed addition to a chipped wii.

or did i miss something and the drive stays functional?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wiisel said:
wolffangalchemist said:

the thing is from what i see you have to disconnect the drive so this just leaves you with iso only loading it would be great if it was like HDloader as you would still have disc funtionality and it would be a welcomed addition to a chipped wii.

or did i miss something and the drive stays functional?
He put in Wii Sports at the beginning

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm pretty sure it is real. And I have a hunch where this is coming from... the Wii DVD Tool ISO Loader.

Does anyone remember it? You had to build a serial cable and then you could stream ISOs from your PC to your Wii. Instead of soldering the Serial cable to the "classic" Wii modchip points, they've studied how to connect the drive cable directly, thus removing the need of soldering/removing-epoxy and whatsother.

They just made it in chip form, but the concept should be the one from the Wii DVD Tool ISO Loader.

Not bad, if it wasn't that you have to stay near a PC all the time.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alex said:

and switched the disc with spyro whilst the wii and tv were out of the picture
tongue.gif
jk

Ahh i see i never see the second video so it works on a loop
smile.gif
i would get 2 of those big ass ribbons and place it outside so i could still use my chip for discs otherwise things would get crammed

This has inspired me to do my own product PREVIEW

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting for my chip should have ordered it tomorrow forgot about no shipping on weekends.
happy.gif

if this could work through the wii's own usb ports then i would bother but it seems not to so probably won't.
also can't you stream a iso to the game cube with a similar hack?

@Wiisel
oh lul! that looks to be one mighty screw driver.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wolffangalchemist said:
I'm waiting for my chip should have ordered it tomorrow forgot about no shipping on weekends.
happy.gif

if this could work through the wii's own usb ports then i would bother but it seems not to so probably won't.
also can't you stream a iso to the game cube with a similar hack?
It doesn't use the Wii's USB ports, you get a little ribbon on the outside and you have to connect the USB dongle to it.

Theorically, yeah, it could be easily reproduced for the GC. But something like that already exists for the GC... the BBA + PSO ISO Loader
tongue.gif

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wiisel said:
alex said:

and switched the disc with spyro whilst the wii and tv were out of the picture
tongue.gif
jk

Ahh i see i never see the second video so it works on a loop
smile.gif
i would get 2 of those big ass ribbons and place it outside so i could still use my chip for discs otherwise things would get crammed

This has inspired me to do my own product PREVIEW
LOL @ SCREWMII_HARD
I'm pretty sure it's fake, like those other fake backup loaders and homebrew packs.

Elrogos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Time to put my 2 cents:

At whois.net you can see that the domain is at Spain, and im reading at some Spanish forums that the videos are in Spanish (i dont have sound right now). Now, today is 28 December, if anyone doesn't know what im talking about, see this link.

Just FYI, I wouldn't believe this for now.
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo