astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, a permanently weird situation has developed. My cousin inherited an older DS Lite, and a very powerful slot-2 flashcart. Weirdly enough, the DS Lite is not flash'med at all. Now he's confused on what to get - an microSD for the slot 2 flashcart or a slot 1 device.

He noticed my DS Lite is flashme'd - that got rid of my "safety and warning" screen. He then asks me how I did it. I gave him a basic lecture (the DS has an O/S that can be replaced...etc), and now he wants to pay me to flash his cart. I tell him that it will enable him to play DS roms on the slot-2 device he has. But I tell him the newer slot 1 cards have more capabilities, and they are better...(dumb me, playing devil's advocate with technology
rolleyes.gif
). So now he wants to choose between two choices!

Basically the choice is:
- a more flexible slot-1 device (more expensive, but probably will last longer)
- flash'me & buying a microSD for his slot-2 device

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just get a new slot 1 card they have excellent acekard from dealextreme not fakes for 13$ free shipping

ps: get the acekard 2i not the 2.1 the 2i has better build quality :) kerry christmas

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better and safer just to get a new slot 1. AK2.1 is only 12$ and plays everything, even spirit tracks unpatched (with latest akaio).

I would imagine slot 2 devices stopped being supported a while ago and would have compatibility issues, but thats just a guess on my part.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd go for a cheap slot 1 solution also. Something like an Acekard and AKAIO. Flashme can be risky if the battery dies, or you short it.

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
mysticwaterfall said:
Better and safer just to get a new slot 1. AK2.1 is only 12$ and plays everything, even spirit tracks unpatched (with latest akaio).

I would imagine slot 2 devices stopped being supported a while ago and would have compatibility issues, but thats just a guess on my part.

Holy hell. I paid wayyyyy too much for my Acekard 2i. It was $50 Canadian from mygamingmart.com. I agree with both of you, hell, that was the main reason I updated to an Acekard 2i (from a shitty R4), the fact that most roms at the end of it's lifecycle were getting white/black screens.

* Also, I've been flashme-ing for ages, the thing is usually plugged into a wall wart, but wouldn't it just be my luck to have a blown fuse/brownout/blackout when flashmeing?

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I just asked for my cousin - who inherited both a DSL and a slot-2 flashcart. I can flashme his DS Lite and enable nds roms on his flashcart.

Just asking - now I can tell him...other ppl on the internet say that he needs to get a slot 1 device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu