thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Short of getting Nintendo's proprietary flashing hardware, I don't think you can rewrite on those. The FAS1 program you linked to (which I had no idea existed and am very excited about) seems to only be for FlashAdvance, just as your Flash2Advance linker is only for Flash2Advance carts. I imagine that every GBA flash cart would use a slightly different protocol. Even if you were to get your hands on an M3 linker, a EZFlash linker, or any other I imagine you'd run into the same issue.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As with any non-volatile storage medium you will require some form of hardware to flash it, be it a home made solution or an original flasher. If you really intend to use this flash cart as a storage medium, I would suggest starting with opening it and having a look at the circuitry inside. Chances are that you'll find off-the-shelf flash chips on-board, from there you can start looking for schematics for circuits you could use to flash information to it. Honestly though, I would leave the piece as it is and invest in a normal flash cart - chances are that you'll spend less in the process, get a better result and keep the somewhat rare collectible intact, not to mention that it will be a hell of a lot less busy work.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I would suggest starting with opening it and having a look at the circuitry inside. Chances are that you'll find off-the-shelf flash chips on-board, from there you can start looking for schematics for circuits you could use to flash information to it

http://www.jax184.com/projects/GBA dev/T1i_7962s.JPG

after playing with the website url. i had found there are some pictures of the cart

Reactions: Foxi4

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I see. Terribly unhelpful due to a lack of any markings whatsoever on the chips, requires further research, I'm afraid.

it's funny in the picture i noticed the chips are all black, no leters on them

but the OP still have a good rarity for collection

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nice! Any information on compatibility as far as those carts are concerned? I know they have a couple switches/jumpers on the back to change capacities, do they efficiently cover the spectrum of GBA carts?

xiyEJZu.jpg

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
honestly, no clue :) i don't even have one. I've been building it and sending builds off. but i'm simply copying stuff over from Flinker. it doesn't appear Jeff Frohwein had any code for switching anything. just a "oh it's a nintendo cart, the blocksize is XX and it writes in YY chunks.

i still just use my FlashAdvancePro and Pgoshell, though GBA emulators on PSP have made that not really needed.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
honestly, no clue :) i don't even have one. I've been building it and sending builds off. but i'm simply copying stuff over from Flinker. it doesn't appear Jeff Frohwein had any code for switching anything. just a "oh it's a nintendo cart, the blocksize is XX and it writes in YY chunks.

i still just use my FlashAdvancePro and Pgoshell, though GBA emulators on PSP have made that not really needed.
I understand. I'm going to hazard a guess that the switches only limit the capacity and don't influence the flashing process, although I can't imagine why you'd ever switch them to anything lower than maximum capacity.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1