Hacking Flashed Jasper 360 - "This game requires an update"

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a flashed Jasper 360 yesterday. I burned WWE 2K15 with the latest ImgBurn and BurnerMAX (my drive is a Plextor PX-880SA, which is BurnerMax capable). I followed an online guide for burning XGD3 games and the burn was successful.

When I inserted the game into my 360, I get the following message:

"This game requires an update, but the update couldn't be found"

Does this mean my 360's drive needs to be flashed, dashboard (12611) needs to be updated, or both?

I want to RGH my 360 at some point, but for now, would like to play this WWE 2K15 from disc if I can without updating the dashboard.

The guy that sold me the 360, nor I know what firmware was flashed on the system. It does play Halo Reach, so maybe that is an indication of what firmware it has?

Pa0l0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This game require a min. Dashboard 16537 version, and obviously an xgd3 ltplus compatible firmware.
Halo Reach is a Xgd2 title (AP 2.5)...so if you want play WWE2K15 you probably need an Ltplus update of your drive with a dashboard update or a much plus convenient RGH....

ATTENCTION: you have to know that your actual dashboard/kernel (12611) is RGH1 compatible, if you make an update at most recent dashboard you loose this possibility forever and then you can make only RGH2 that is more slow to boot. So if you plan to make RGH..this is the right time to make it!

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to get my system RGH'ed then. How hard is it, and what would I need? I have some soldering experience (I TSOP mod original Xbox's ). Also what is needed to update my drive firmware?

Pa0l0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cause you said that you have 12611dashboard, we have a FAT Xbox360 RGH1 to talk about.
You need a nand flasher and a GlitchChip. Good soldering skill is required too, cause the CLK point is very small.
In RGH1 all GlitchChips are good enough, you don't care anything except good soldering joint and obviously you have to take care on the wiring position/lenght. Maybe you have to use some fixes (caps) to perform a very good boot timing.

Nand Flasher: Jrprogrammer V2 or similar (even an homemade interface with programmed pic is good). I don't recommend the use of an homemade parallel interface cause is risk of errors.

RGH1 GlitchChip: Any chip is good..personally i recommend a Matrix Glitcher that is very good in a RgH1 mode but even a Xilinx homemade chip is good enough.

If you want to start the job, i can help you by guiding on the steps to deal with.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd say update the box and solder a CR4 in it.
No need to keep it on a low dash.

JR Programmer can be used to dump the NAND.
I'm slowly writing a tutorial on how to install the CR4 into a 360 (as well as RGH it in general) so keep it on standby ;]

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DinohScene,

I don't have the skills or steady hands to do modding to my 460, so I will try to find someone to perform the mod. I want RGH so I can have everything on a HDD.

did you run the iso though ABGX 1.06? you need to do that or the game won't play
No I didnt. I didn't know that had to be done, but isn't it a moot point since my dash needs to be updated?

Pa0l0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DinohScene...i don't think Cr4xl is a good idea...maybe XC-3730C has a Falcon Mainboard and in RGH2 how would you resolve it the inevitable freeze even with a Cr4xl crap?
Than ...CR4xl is expensive chip but totally useless...have you tried xAce360 Apeiron Mod or xAce360 with 15432 timings?
Cr4xl is a very bad idea for my point of view and your suggestion to upfrade in RGH2 is a totally insane idea.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also need to burn the games on verbatim DVD+R DL at 2.4x

No I didnt. I didn't know that had to be done, but isn't it a moot point since my dash needs to be updated?
NO you must run the game though abgx YOU MUST

If you don't run the game on abgx it won't have any AP2.5 data to play back to the xbox and it come up as a burned disk instead of a 1:1 copy and won't play thats how people got banned

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
CR4 is said to help Falcons on RGH2.
Not to mention it's easier to install in 360's.

I don't deal with cheaper chips nor knockoffs.
I'm no TX fanboy but I do trust their hardware.

If you need a trusted RGH install service then I'd suggest looking for people in the Team Xecuter forums.
Otherwise, local ads in papers/online ;]

XC-3730C

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andre104623,

WWE 2K15 comes up with a message saying I need a dash update -n ot that it is a blank disk.. And I am using verbatim DL media burned at 2.4x

My 360 is a Jasper, by the way.

Pa0l0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CR4 is said to help Falcons on RGH2.
Not to mention it's easier to install in 360's.

I don't deal with cheaper chips nor knockoffs.
I'm no TX fanboy but I do trust their hardware.
I have made over 100 installation with Ace360 Apeiron Mod....and i've tried Cr4xl too...what's your point?
Cr4xl doesn't resolve the Falcon freeze in RGh2..only smc editing value can...(maybe) and stay in RGH1 is indeed the 1st choiche. All the rests are moron's words...

Jasper in Rgh1 mode with a Matrixv3 clone or any other RGH Glitch chip is more reliable and fast booting than in RGH2 with much more expensive CR4xl crap....

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andre104623,

WWE 2K15 comes up with a message saying I need a dash update -n ot that it is a blank disk.. And I am using verbatim DL media burned at 2.4x

That doesn't matter it might need the update to play the game but if you didn't run the game on ABGX it will never play. Trust me I'm doing xbox360 mods for years

Pa0l0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That doesn't matter it might need the update to play the game but if you didn't run the game on ABGX it will never play. Trust me I'm doing xbox360 mods for years
.....if the game is xgd3 and he has ltplus2...how can abgx helps it??
You made mods for years but seems you don't have clear ideas...

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
andre104623,

The game is XGD3 and you're drive firmware doesn't support those discs. If you can, connect the drive to a PC and flash LT 3.0 to it. You can do it all through software assuming it isn't a lite on or if you already have the key for the drive.

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.....if the game is xgd3 and he has ltplus2...how can abgx helps it??
Because IT NEEDS THE REPLAY DATA come on guys if you don't know shut the fuck up. LT+2.0 must have replay data

The game is XGD3 and you're drive firmware doesn't support those discs. If you can, connect the drive to a PC and flash LT 3.0 to it. You can do it all through software assuming it isn't a lite on or if you already have the key for the drive.
I thought it wasn't XGD3?! well then yes you need LT+3.0 and ABGX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning