Flashcart not working

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bobton4, Sep 23, 2011.

Sep 23, 2011

Flashcart not working by bobton4 at 9:19 PM (2,274 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. bobton4
    OP

Newcomer bobton4 Member

United Kingdom
    I have a fake flashcart and when i put it into my DS Lite it comes up showing SpongeBob's atlantis squarepantis THQ. When i click on it to load the screen goes white and blinks, and then a picture of a micro sd card with a face comes up that says Loading. After waiting a while it changes to error. I don't know what flashcard it is so its hard to update the firmware.Would anyone be able to tell me what cart it is just from knowing that a spongebob icon appears. Also when i remove the micro sd card an insert the flashcart into my ds lite with out it, the spongebob icon still appears. Is this right as my micro sd card is not in it so what is it reading from. Could someone help get my flashcart working. Thanks for any help in advance.

2. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Is this the face you are taking about ?
    [​IMG]

3. bobton4
    OP

Newcomer bobton4 Member

United Kingdom
  4. The_Dragons_Mast

Egypt
    In that case I believe you have a DSTT clone so try downloading RGF latest files from here http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases & then use the formatter in the extra folder to format your microsd & copy everything inside the DSTT_DSTTi YSMenu or DSTT_DSTTi TTMenu (depending in which one you perfer) to your microsd & try opening it.

5. bobton4
    OP

Newcomer bobton4 Member

United Kingdom
    What difference will it make if i pick the DSTT_DSTTi YSMenu or DSTT_DSTTi TTMenu ? Also i would like the flashcart to work on DS Lite, DSi and DSi XL.

6. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    the GUI will change. The loader won't change, so the compatibility is the same.

TTmenu is dstt's original GUI, while YSmenu is a simpler GUI.

EDIT: Most clones don't get much support and even if it's a genuine dstt, you won't have full compatibility with DSi/DSi XLs. DS Lite can't block flashcarts, so don't worry.
    EDIT2: isn't there anything else you can tell about the cart? It'll be hard to identify which YSmenu you need since we don't even know if it's a genuine dstt, a 1:1 clone, or just a clone that can load YSmenu.

7. bobton4
    OP

Newcomer bobton4 Member

United Kingdom
    I did what was suggested with the DSTT_DSTTi YSMenu but its still the same as before. I think the flash cart may not be reading the micro sd card as even when its not inserted the spongebob icon still comes up, as well as the loading screen. Is there any way i can restart/ reset the flash cart....Any other suggestions?

8. The_Dragons_Mast

Egypt
    You can try the DSTT_DSTTi TTMenu & if it doesn't work then the R4_Clone YSMenu folder and if you have another microsd then try it. It is normal for you to have spongebob icon as I believe you have some DSTTi clone that uses spongebob game as a mask so it will always appear even without any cad

9. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    For certain flashcarts, you'll be able to reflash the core firmware of the card itself, but nobody can help without knowing which exact flashcart you have. It's normal for the icon to come up without the msd inserted, but mine said "no card" error when I loaded without the msd.

Do you have any info on the card that might help in identifying it? Maybe a picture and website of the card?

10. bobton4
    OP

Newcomer bobton4 Member

United Kingdom
    The flashcard is red but i dont think this would help as it doesnt necessarily mean the hardware inside it is the same as other buyable red flashcards.

11. The_Dragons_Mast

Egypt
    Well that doesn't help much . Can you take a picture of it? Also did you try using another folder or another microsd yet?

12. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    Is there a webaddress on the front of the cart and if so what is it?

13. bobton4
    OP

Newcomer bobton4 Member

United Kingdom
  14. The_Dragons_Mast

Egypt
    Try deleting everything from your microsd & use the R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC folder .

15. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    found the website for that card: http://r4i-advance.com/en/index.asp

download the firmware from the website above, put everything in and try.

Also I found the YSmenu that you should use for your r4i advance if it's v2.0 (I don't know if it'll work if it's not v2.0)

Warning: Spoilers inside!
    EDIT: when using YSmenu, make sure to keep the original firmware (provided on the website) and boot YSmenu through a .nds file

16. bobton4
    OP

Newcomer bobton4 Member

United Kingdom
    My card says v1.6 on it. How do i run both? Where do i go from after formating the micro sd card?

17. bobton4
    OP

Newcomer bobton4 Member

United Kingdom
    These are the files in the original firmware that i downloaded:

BEUP (Folder)
    NDSMAIL (Folder)
    Skin (Folder)
    SYSTEM (Folder)
    TTMenu (Folder)
    svsip (Folder)
    plugins (Folder)
    MOONSHL (Folder)
    Read Me.txt
    r41.dat
    0000-BACK R4MENU.nds
    r4i.tp
    r42.dat
    TTMENU (System File)

If i copy the files from R4-SDHC_R4i-SDHC , the original files with the same name will be overwritten.