Flash Point starring Donnie Yen

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
After watching this last night I was so impressed I had to let all you HK cinema fans on here know just how damned good it was! It's another Wilson Yip/Donnie Yen team up and anybody who has seen Dragon Tiger Gate or Sha Po Lang will know what this means.

The story is the usual HK cop after the bad guy movie, but it's very dark and brooding. There isn't alot of action for the first hour but the story is compelling as Donnie Yen tries to track down the 3 strong Vietnamese gang. While the gang isn't as ruthless as the criminals in Dog Bite Dog (then again I don't think there are ANY movies with bad guys as ruthless as that movie!) they are pretty close.

Donnie Yen is an incredibly acclompished Martial Artist and it really shows in this movie as unlike Jet Li (who is amazing) it's a more streetfighting MMA style mixing Jiu Jutsu, Thai Boxing, Western Boxing and Chinese Boxing. The end fight scene is one of the most brutal and adrenaline filled I've ever seen. The one edge that Donnie Yen definitely has over Jet Li is his acting skills and his portrayal in this of the ruthless brooding cop is top notch, surpassing his role in SPL.

If you're a HK cinema cop movie fan then I'd recommend seeing this one. In my opinion it's Donnie Yens finest role to date and the action and intensity makes it one of the finest movies ever to come out of HK. Wilson Yip is quickly catching up to Johnnie To in the directing department as this movie is tight and never loses it's momentum once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly