Hacking Flash cart works on one DS but not another

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I have 2 DS lite and a CycloDS as well as a R4 SDHC.

My CycloDS and R4 SDHC work fine on one of my DS lite but not another. Both are able to load official game carts though, so I ruled out the possibility that the one not able to load flash carts is spoilt.

Anyone has any idea how to rectify this situation? Any help is appreciated!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
are both consoles DS LITE?
or is the other a dsi\3ds ?

if both are ds lite, it must be the contacts...
there is nothing that prevents a ds lite from not running a flaschart (unless its the very first r4 card iirc)...
open it and clean that thing up.. try to force the cards pressed down and boot the console pressing the cards down

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are both consoles DS LITE?
or is the other a dsi\3ds ?

if both are ds lite, it must be the contacts...
there is nothing that prevents a ds lite from not running a flaschart (unless its the very first r4 card iirc)...
open it and clean that thing up.. try to force the cards pressed down and boot the console pressing the cards down

Both DSes are DS Lites.
I just tried your method of pressing the cart down while booting the console but it didn't work either.
What puzzle me is that both DS Lites are able to boot retail game carts (I tried with Pokemon Diamond specifically), yet when it comes to flash carts only one of the DS Lite is able to boot them.
I reckoned that it shouldn't be a contact issue since if it is, the DS lite that doesn't boot up flash cart shouldn't boot up the retail Pokemon Diamond game cart as well, unless the contacts for retail game carts are different from that of flash carts.

What I do notice however is that for the DS lite that doesn't boot flash carts, it is rather difficult to insert flash carts in the sense that it isn't as smooth when pushing in the flash cart as compared to the DS lite that boots up flash cart. Could that be the issue? Thanks!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both DSes are DS Lites.
I just tried your method of pressing the cart down while booting the console but it didn't work either.
What puzzle me is that both DS Lites are able to boot retail game carts (I tried with Pokemon Diamond specifically), yet when it comes to flash carts only one of the DS Lite is able to boot them.
I reckoned that it shouldn't be a contact issue since if it is, the DS lite that doesn't boot up flash cart shouldn't boot up the retail Pokemon Diamond game cart as well, unless the contacts for retail game carts are different from that of flash carts.

What I do notice however is that for the DS lite that doesn't boot flash carts, it is rather difficult to insert flash carts in the sense that it isn't as smooth when pushing in the flash cart as compared to the DS lite that boots up flash cart. Could that be the issue? Thanks!
Almost sure it is a contact issue.
Flashcards have shitty contacts compared to retail games.
If your DS Lite contacts are less than perfect it may happen that it still boots retails, but not flashcards. Try cleaning/scratching the flashcard contacts.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Almost sure it is a contact issue.
Flashcards have shitty contacts compared to retail games.
If your DS Lite contacts are less than perfect it may happen that it still boots retails, but not flashcards. Try cleaning/scratching the flashcard contacts.
In the past I've had to open up my DSTT and insert a thin piece of paper underneath the contacts to let it be read by some DS units.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
my bet is still on contacts issue.. it must be the contacts..
real cards are well made, they even have the pins separators (that plastic stripe above the contacts)
and some flashcart don't even got the gold contacts...

if you care about it, either open the console or ask someone to do it.
either replace the slot or try to clean it inside with

recently i asked about contacts issue related to consoles, how to preserve game cartridges and make them last more time, i was recommended to clean them with "kontakt pcc" its a spray that you use to clean circuit boards...

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys for all your replies.

For some reason, the both flash carts miraculously worked on both DS Lite even though I did nothing other than constantly swapping the flash carts between the 2 consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/2byHyqiZVS8?si=Qr7te3eS9u0xQYDh