Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to get a flash cart for my DS. How ever not really sure which to get
frown.gif
. I've narrowed it down to either a supercard mini or a g6 lite. After reading the reviews it seems G6 plays pretty much everything , where as the supercard has problems with GBA games.How ever the supercard can potentially hold more games.

So really just a couple questions about both.

Supercard no RTC? , so games like pokemon will not work? or is there a patch for them like the gba ones.
Battery in the supercard , is it rechargegable or will it need replacement in a few years?.
DS games , how many don't work?. List at the top of supercard forum seems abit outdated. Also I've heard of problems with castlevania and others slowing down. Is this a prob with the card itself or just crappy SD cards being used causing it?.
Also can I take saves to and from it like I can with my gba cart?.
Last thing , will a supercard mini fit a DS lite. Not got one yet , but if I even do change it will still work right?. Just stick out of it abit.

G6 , all DS games work on it , no problem?.

Really not bothered about GBA games , as I have a EZFA for em , also not bothered about emulation or anything. Purely DS game usage.

Thats it really , just looking for some advice from people with em. Supercard fine for just DS? , or newer G6?.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since you dont care about GBA, id suggest going with a Supercard Lite. It doesnt stick out of the ds lite at all, and has the potential of HUGE amounts of memory on it (using micro sd cards of course). Like all supercards, it has near 100% DS compatability (only a few dont work). I cant really tell you about the G6, as I have never used it, but I am a supercard user, and am really happy with the Ease of use for DS roms
yaynds.gif

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok thanks
smile.gif
but it would be a supercard mini , not lite as I have a normal DS (Should of made clear in first post) for now and the lite don't fit it. So that question still stands , would a super card mini (not lite) work on a DS lite , if I get one at a later date , but just stick out abit?.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it would work
smile.gif
I have a supercard SD that I use to use on my DS "phat". I got a DS Lite, and it works like a charm
smile.gif

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you get a g6 lite it comes with a 4 cases, 3 lite cases and one phat case, so if you decide to get a lite later on down the road. you dont need to buy a new cart

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but the G6 Lite only has 512MB of memory while with the SuperCard miniSD he can get up to 4GB's! I have a SuperCard miniSD and it works great in my DS Phat.

FifthE1ement

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like it's might be a supercard then
smile.gif
, unless I find something that changes my mind . Not really too worried about it sticking out of a lite if I ever get one , as long as it works it's all good
smile.gif
and it seems to be just what I need. Cheapish solution for playing ds games and large storage
smile.gif

Just few more things. Battery in it , rechargable? or not?. Look all over and can't find it.
Saves can be transfered from pc to ds and back?. Again looked about and can't find it.

Finally will this SD card work with no problems with games like castlevania (seems to have most probs).
http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/4-/8803...rd/Product.html
Been reading and people say as long as it has fast access time it will be fine and have no issues , but can't seem to find the specs for that card.

Lot of questions I know , but like to know everything before I buy
smile.gif

Thanks.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, i dont think the battery is for DS games, I think its for the saving in GBA Games. (the supercard SD doesnt have one, and saves work fine) Yes, you can transfer the saves. What you do is patch the rom, and 2 files come out, the rom and the save file. that save file contains the save for the game. (makes it easy to download saves)

I dont think that the speed of mini SD cards matter, my current sd card is a 8x sd card, and works fine
smile.gif
I doubt that the DS can read at speeds of 4+ mb/sec.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are getting the SuperCard miniSD and that miniSD in the link you are in trouble. It lags to death in almost every game that requires any graphical power. Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Metroid Prime Hunters, Metroid Pinball, M&L, Madden 06, Tony Hawk and many more. If you try and do the Castlevania test with that miniSD all you will get it still frames and choppy audio. I first bought that SanDisk miniSD when I bought my SuperCard miniSD and then quickly sold the miniSD for a faster ATP ProMax 150X 2GB miniSD. With the 150X miniSD the problems were corrected and the slowdown went away for the most part. With the SuperCard miniSD you need flash media at least 80X or faster so that you won't have any performance problems. Its up to you in the end but you'll end up wondering why you didn't spend the extra money in the end when Animal Crossing is unplayable.

FifthE1ement

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not bought anything yet , was just looking around. Problem seems to be hardly any UK sites want to give any details other than it's size and I can't seem to find the atp ones in the UK , other than on ebay.

Seems like it's gonna be more hassle than it's worth to find a decent card over here. What a suprise , once again UK sites try to screw you
frown.gif

Armadillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Went for the G6. Spent some time looking and can not locate any cards that people say work 100% here.
ATP 150X cards , which seem to work great , don't seem to be available in the UK
frown.gif
. What a damn shock , once again the good stuff is not available here
rolleyes.gif
.The other mini sd cards that people have success with , look for here again and guess what?. Unavailable here or very hard to get hold of. Pretty much all I see here are sandisk or generic/no name cards that don't say the speed , in fact there is pretty much no techinical info listed except the size.

Seems like it was gonna be more hassle than it's worth to find one here and I'm not gonna spend £30 or more for one that may or may not work. Would of thought supercard store or other sites that sell the damn thing would have em , but no. Seems like it's , if your in the UK have this crappy sandisk or **** off. Always the same, anything cool or interesting for any console and we either don't get it here , or it's more than everywhere else
frown.gif

Well rant over , was really just posting to say thanks for the help
smile.gif
, but it turned into that
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2