Flash Card with updateable kernel

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by PraxxtorCruel, Apr 18, 2009.

Apr 18, 2009
  1. PraxxtorCruel
    OP

Member PraxxtorCruel GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Quick question [​IMG]

Right at this minute which flashcard for DSi, offers the ability to update it's core incase of unexpected firmware update's from Nintendo. If none at the moment, are there any in development as of now, I heard Itouch 2 will have an updateable kernel, I believe I also heard that the EZ Flash 5i has that too? What about the acekard 2i?

Thank you!

2. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Heard about the EZ FLash Vi having an updateable kernel. But AceKard 2i, I doubt it. A lot of people have been saying the AceKard 2i was released so that lots of people will buy it and then they said that once Nintendo finds a way to block it, they will release a all new AceKard or something... Forgot where I read it...

3. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

yeah i think the ez flash is the only flash cart with that feature

4. Fabis94

Member Fabis94 Xbawx playa

Latvia
    EZ-Flash is slow though and there are many features that don't work good. There's a dilemma for you.
    Acekard 2i - the best flashcard without an updatable kernel and DSi compatibly issues
    EZ-flash Vi - updatable kernel and a stable flachkard, but many of the features suck and it is slow

EDIT: I suggest you just pre-order the iTouch 2 DSi

5. PraxxtorCruel
    OP

Member PraxxtorCruel GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Thanks to all who answered. Could you tell me where can I pre-order it from?

6. Fabis94

Latvia
    Go to www.itouchds.com and click the Where to Buy link. It has a few good sites.

7. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I just hope that the iTouch2 updates its firmware a little. The original firmware was clunky, slow, and not very eye-friendly -- although there are some out there that really like it. I don't get why the M3 team doesn't just make an update for the M3 Real. The Sakura firmware is amazing, and development should continue on that. For all we know though they could be planning an M3 Real update. Now I'm just thinking aloud...

8. Fabis94

Latvia
    Im just relying to what the M3 team itself said. Besides it has Updatable kernel and it is more stable. That is good enough for me.
    Although i must agree that the original iTouch card was bad.