Flamewars

cyr0x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

we see it every day, gamers flaming each other because of the different gaming platforms. But why? When I am talking about videogames I am talking about gaming. What can I do with the Xbox360? Playing videogames. What can I do with the PS3? Playing videogames. What can I do with the Wii, PC or any other gaming platform? Playing videogames. So, why do I have to see every day this stupid flamewars about it? I have many friends who only own a PC, but when they come to me, we all play together. Is it Wii, Xbox360, PC or any other gaming paltform I own. And people who say "I played the Wii/PS3/Xbox360/PC and it sucked", they played 2 or 3 games and can tell about this 2 or 3 games that they suck and will never have good games? We should stop those flameswars. It is not about what gaming platform is the best, it is all about gaming.

Bye.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Because people will always have their favorites, and if you don't agree with them, your just wrong, and they want you to know your wrong.

Typical fanboy rant :

The (fav console) is the best out there, EVER! (your console) will never be as good, because (theirs) has better graphics, better games, and because it's (cheaper/more expensive) it's so much better than (yours)!

I have an Xbox, a Wii, a Sega Saturn, a GBA, and a DS. Out of all my consoles, I like my Xbox the most. Not because of games, but because I have it softmodded to run Xbox Media Center, and can watch my movie library (almost 200 movies, 12 different TV Show full series runs) on my big screen TV in my living room. Not because of any game on it. Because of what I can do minus games. Second I like my Satun. I love the old school games on it. Myst is a great game if you have time to sit down and actually play a game. Plus, there are a ton of Japanese School Girl games, lol. My GBA/DS is for when I'm not home (or on my throne, yea, I said it!) Untill something good comes out for my Wii (when I say good, I mean good for me, not you) like a new Zelda or the new Animal Crossing game, I'm just playing some old Virtual Console titles (hacked injected ones, like FF3/6, Earthbound, and the Band Bros. DX Speaker Channel)

It's all a matter of perspective, and if you can't take someone else's comments and see their point, your just a fanboy flamer...

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
A little while it was quite bad but now its actually okay. Discussions are now more in the vein of "spirited arguments" instead of "full out flamewars".

cyr0x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Xcalibur said:
A little while it was quite bad but now its actually okay. Discussions are now more in the vein of "spirited arguments" instead of "full out flamewars".
I don't talk about only this board.

Try2bcool

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go look at a PS3 or Xbox360 news item on IGN....the comments on every single one of them degrades into an all-out flamewar. The Wii, meanwhile, is quietly kicking both of their asses while they fight amongst each other.

It's classic divide and conquer.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is it.

Me and my [insert religion of choice] friends are now forced to arrange a meetup with [insert phone brand of choice], don our [insert clothing brand of choice] and drive our [insert car/maker of choice] from [insert place of choice] to your house whilst listening to [insert band/musical genre of choice] whereupon we engage in debate using [insert dialect/language of choice] after which we shall attack you with [insert martial art of choice] before making our escape from [insert "policing" force of choice] before dining upon a [insert country of choice] takeout.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
We've discussed it here already.

Also, here. In detail.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about idiots flaming each other over consoles. Even a "don't flame" topic starts a fanboy flamewar.

rolleyes.gif

veho said:
No system can rightfully be said to be "better". Everyone has different standards and values other qualities in a console, and ultimately, no console can be said to be best universally, overall, for everyone. You can only say any particular console is the best choice for a specific person, and that's about it. In the end, the best console is the one that has the games you want to play. You alone. If I want to play Halo 3, I have no need for a PS3, no matter the amount of teraflops or gigahertz or megapixels it has. On the other hand, if I want to play Tekken 6, the fact that the X360 is $50 cheaper means nothing to me. And if I want Super Mario Galaxy, neither of those two will be of any help.

If you're content with what you have, who cares what others have. Aaaah, but there lies the problem. People aren't content. They aren't sure it's really what they wanted. And then comes the denial, and the rage, and the flaming. And you could give "arguments" to why your console is "better" but it's just denial. People who actually, genuinely don't care for a particular console simply say "that's not my cup of tea" and leave it at that, and don't go around badmouthing it and trashtalking and flaming in forums. All the rabid fanboys out there foaming at the mouth defending one console and bashing others are just whiny little asses insecure in the choice of console they made. Afraid that people will ridicule their choice. Trying to justify the choice to their own selves. Guess what, kids: no console will make you look as ridiculous as much as your fanboyism does.

If you're happy with what you have, then play and let play. And when a fanboy comes along, don't stoop to their level and start a fight; remember, they are just bitter, lonely, sad little people, and give them some love.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj