Hacking Fixed crash after update, everything gone?

Toxilicity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Help!
I bought this "new" 3DS a while back, and never updated the mods. I bought it pre-modded (not knowing) and buddy told me not to update it, if I didnt want the hacked content then just factory reset and it will be all good (LIES). Fastforward and the freeshop isnt working and I dont care all that much to torrent games as I dont play many of the nintendo ones anyways, so meh Im just gonna reset it and update. Lmao had a tantrum cause I thought I bricked my DS, fixed it pretty easy by just replacing the boot with the new luma update... but now, everythings gone. FBI and all the apps.

I dont care really, but uh, is this gonna bite me in the ass later?? Can someone provide a link or steps to properly resetting my 3DS? The eshop works and it seemed to "nintendo update". So am I safe to carry on or do I have to tinker with the microSD? Sorry Im a total noob and didnt hack it in the first place so its just a bunch of images with no meaning to me. I just dont want to actually brick my DS and have a $300 paperweight.

Thanks for any assistance, I have no idea when it comes to this stuff! ;)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format System Memory deletes 3DS games, saves, and extdata in the Nintendo 3DS folder. You won't get back your contents in that folder even if you tried to scan the SD card with data recovery programs.

Turn on the n3DS, hold (SELECT) button, and check for the Luma3DS configuration. If yours has CFW, what version is your Luma?

Toxilicity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Format System Memory deletes 3DS games, saves, and extdata in the Nintendo 3DS folder. You won't get back your contents in that folder even if you tried to scan the SD card with data recovery programs.

Turn on the n3DS, hold (SELECT) button, and check for the Luma3DS configuration. If yours has CFW, what version is your Luma?
Hey its V9.1.. And I was wrong about the Eshop, it doesn't work. I just get an error when I try to download anything *sigh. I tried removing all the folders out of my microSD except the Nintendo 3DS original folder, and then I get that same error "Failed to apply 1 firm patches". I saved a copy of all the files he had on there, so I put them back on after and the DS came back normally.
Does this mean I am stuck with a modded 3ds whos mods dont work haha?

Last edited by Toxilicity,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey its V9.1.. And I was wrong about the Eshop, it doesn't work. I just get an error when I try to download anything *sigh. I tried removing all the folders out of my microSD except the Nintendo 3DS original folder, and then I get that same error "Failed to apply 1 firm patches". I saved a copy of all the files he had on there, so I put them back on after and the DS came back normally.
Does this mean I am stuck with a modded 3ds whos mods dont work haha?

Oh for that "Failed to apply 1 firm patches", you need to Update B9S with boot9strap v1.3 and Luma3DS v9.1 on both SD card and onboard CTRNAND drive.

What is the error code you're getting when trying to access Nintendo eShop? And what version is your 3DS firmware as stated in System Settings?

Also something to keep in mind: If the n3DS you bought was originally from Japan or Europe, and its 3DS firmware was changed, the Nintendo eShop of the changed/adopted region doesn't work on it and permanently locked-in to it's original eShop region.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Toxilicity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the help. I did as you said with the updates and it runs fine, but eshop still doesnt work. 009-6106 is the code and it is a canadian owned DS. It says 11.9.0-42U
What is the error code you're getting when trying to access Nintendo eShop? And what version is your 3DS firmware as stated in System Settings?

Also something to keep in mind: If the n3DS you bought was originally from Japan or Europe, and its 3DS firmware was changed, the Nintendo eShop of the changed/adopted region doesn't work on it and permanently locked-in to it's original eShop region.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help. I did as you said with the updates and it runs fine, but eshop still doesnt work. 009-6106 is the code and it is a canadian owned DS. It says 11.9.0-42U

That code can happen because you have (x) Set developer UNITINFO selected in Luma3DS v9.1 configuration. Turn on the 3DS and hold (SELECT) to access that menu and deselect that option. It might be too late if Nintendo server has flagged your 3DS as dev unit. You might have a wait a while to see if it resets or Format System Memory, erasing your profile along with all the installed games in the Nintendo 3DS folder to undo flagging (basically fresh start).

Another possibility why this error code happens is because you have fake tickets when trying to download games or updates.
Other GBAtemp search results for 009-6106.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Toxilicity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank x a million! The first thing worked right away. My last question is the FBI vanished when it updated, free store stopped working anyways so I could careless of that, but what I was wondering is if Im able to coincide these apps now that Ive updated it and can connect? Or is looking into free stuff done now once youve updated?

Thanks again for your time and patience!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank x a million! The first thing worked right away. My last question is the FBI vanished when it updated, free store stopped working anyways so I could careless of that, but what I was wondering is if Im able to coincide these apps now that Ive updated it and can connect? Or is looking into free stuff done now once youve updated?

Thanks again for your time and patience!
Oh, freeShop and others like it no longer work because of Nintendo server side block. You'll have to pirate the old fashion way through those sites (no directly asking their links or names in this forum!).

I'm guessing you had FBI injected in Health & Safety? I'm not sure what your interests lie in and how old your homebrew apps are, so here's a CFW starter kit for reference and convenience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-