Nashan67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hiall.

So my Swtich was 9.2 when I backed the NAND and keys and installed emuMMC with Hekate (5.1.2/0.8.5) and AutoRCM.

Everything was fine. I used my sysnand for online playing and eMMC for CFW.

Then I updated Hekate to 5.1.3 / 0.8.6 everything was fine. But when I updated Kosmos with Kosmos updater I couldn't use my NSP games anymore. Said it was corrupt. But if I booted with fusee-primary I could still use them just fine.

So from this date on, I booted Hekate 5.1.3 and then "Payloads" and "Fusee-primary.bin" and that was fin (clean sysnand still worked fine).

Then I updated Hekate to 5.1.4 / 0.8.7 and updated my sysnand to 10.0. I could still boot my sysnand and play no problem and boot my emuMMC with fusee-primary and play fine.

But this evening, for no specific reason I decided to try to update sigpatch with my emuMMC CFW. I couldn't retrieve sigpatch apps on homebrew so I decided to try and update Atmosphere. I did that and also within the atmosphere update app I also updated Hekate/Kosmos....everything went fine. I asked for a restart...and it never restarted.

AutoRCM still works, but when I launch emuMMC or sysnand I obtain the same behavior: I get the Kosmos splashscren and then blackscreen and nothing happen. I have to power off by pressing 5seconds.

If I try to launch fusee-primary I immediately get black screen.

So now I'm thinking about restoring my sysnand from the 9.2 backup...but I wonder if that may work (do I have the correct fuse?)

What are you thinking ? what should I do from here ?

Nashan67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, first of all: thank you, because my switch is now working again.

Although I'm not quite sure to understand very well what's going on: right now I still can't boot CFW (emuMMC) from Hekate.

All I can boot is fusee-primary payload which drives me to my emuMMC from SD partition or I can load Hekate and then choose "Payloads" to launch fusee-primary.

This is a great step forward, but....

I originally was on a Kosmos CFW. And I'm not quite sure to understand the difference between Kosoms NX and Atmosphere (and Sept). I also don't understand why I can now only start Atmosphere and not Kosmos ?

Plus, I can't launch games on the emuMMC: I keep getting a corrupted message and I guess I need sigpatches but I want to make sure I install the correct ones. Where can I get them from ?

I updated with the sigpatches from "Atmosphere Sigpatches" thread from this same board (can't post link =( ) and now everything is working fine.

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Nashan67,

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeutOS is a fork of Atmosphere with some very minor changes.

It alters the boot process so that it patches Atmosphere's/Horizons "loader" sysmodule on boot and has some extra code to prevent Kosmos Toolbox and indirect Atmosphere boots from Hekate from working correctly.

Think of it as a free CFW that already has sigPatches built in. It can be downloaded from github.

Reactions: Nashan67

Nashan67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok...but now I don't understand why I don't have Kosmos/Hekate anymore ?

Actually I like Hekate and I'd rather use Kosmos as I was doing originally...

Is there a chance I could turn back to Kosmos/Hekate ? (I still don't understand what was changed in my switch for it to stop working in a first place)

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...but now I don't understand why I don't have Kosmos/Hekate anymore ?

Actually I like Hekate and I'd rather use Kosmos as I was doing originally...

Is there a chance I could turn back to Kosmos/Hekate ? (I still don't understand what was changed in my switch for it to stop working in a first place)

There are only 2 CFW options that work with the latest official firmware currently, Atmosphere and SXOS.

If it is not "SX OS" then it some variant of Atmosphere.

"Kosmos" is Atmosphere repackaged by Team Atlax. They include some configuration files to make it easier to boot Atmosphere, create emuMMC, configure sysModules and other stuff.

You are currently using Atmosphere, via the Kosmos repackage of it, and if everything works, there is no reason to change the configuration.

Nashan67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are currently using Atmosphere, via the Kosmos repackage of it, and if everything works, there is no reason to change the configuration.

Ok thanks to you I understand better.

Although I'm now pretty sure I don't use Kosmos's anymore but I now use the original Atmosphere (which I downloaded from here: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases and put on SD today).

When I inject Hekate's payload I can only launch "Stock (sysnand)" although my emuMMC is still Enabled in the emuMMC management section.

Then if I select "payload => fusee primary" I have Atmospheres' splash screen...then blackscreen...and I have to press power to get atmosphere splashscreen again and then another splashscreen and finally the regular switch boot to my emuMMC and everything works...

From there I can use homebrew and Kosmos Toolbox but I'm not sure if I should or not (since I'm not using Kosmos at this time ?). I also have a "Reboot to payload" apps from atmosphere...

I'd like to go back to Kosmos, but I'm not sure how to without breaking everything again ^_^

Last edited by Nashan67,

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The kosmos toolbox just changes minor settings and reboots to Hekate. There is no harm in using it/not using it.

The reboot_to_payload.nro reboots to whatever is specified at "SD:/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin" In most configurations it just reboots the console harmlessly.

It looks like everything is working as intended. If you do not want to specify the payload to boot from every time, you could change your "SD:/bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini" file to look a lot like this:
Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=0
verification=2
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=0

{--- Custom Firmware ---}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

{}

{--- Stock ---}

[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

{}

The line that says "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin" is the one that automates the pressing Playload and selecting "fusee-primary.bin" from a list. Then just enable autoboot in the tools menu and select "save". After that, pushing Hekate.bin will automatically launch atmosphere.

Edit:
I'd like to go back to Kosmos, but I'm not sure how to without breaking everything again ^_^

I don't really recommend booting Atmosphere indirectly as the Kosmos default setting specifies. There are no benefits to it and it requires setting up sigpatches manually. Loading atmosphere as payload=fusee-primary.bin loads the sigpatches automatically for < OFW 10.0

For OFW 10.0+ this does require "loader.kip" from here: https://github.com/HarukoNX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/0.12.0

But if you want, while this is unnecessary, you can download Kosmos v15.6 from github.com and take a look at their hekate_ipl.ini file. Then you can add their first boot entry to your hekate_ipl.ini file. Then you would need to add the sig patch entry (see below) to that boot entry and obtain the patches.ini from the link above and place it at SD:/bootloader/patches.ini.

kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/*

Last edited by Itsuki235, , Reason: as above

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ok thanks to you I understand better.

Although I'm now pretty sure I don't use Kosmos's anymore but I now use the original Atmosphere (which I downloaded and put on SD today).

When I inject Hekate's payload I can only launch "Stock (sysnand)" although my emuMMC is still Enabled in the emuMMC management section.

Then if I select "payload => fusee primary" I have Atmospheres' splash screen...then blackscreen...and I have to press power to get atmosphere splashscreen again and then another splashscreen and finally the regular switch boot to my emuMMC and everything works...

From there I can use homebrew and Kosmos Toolbox but I'm not sure if I should or not (since I'm not using Kosmos at this time ?). I also have a "Reboot to payload" apps from atmosphere...

Yeah Kosmos sets up everything for you, which is probably why the emummc option disappeared from the launch option in hekate, you probably deleted all Kosmos files and only put in the atmosphere files. If you want to use Kosmos do the following:

-go to https://sdsetup.com/
-select Kosmos Defaults (or Kosmos+Pegascape if youre using pegascape- i think this is for ofw 4.1.0 users that use caffeine entry point to access cfw)
-select any other additional homebrew or addons then download the zip file, extract it and you should see bootloader, sept, atmosphere and a switch folder
-on your switch, first make a backup (just in case) of the bootloader, sept and atmosphere folders. Delete them and place the the fresh folders from the sdsetup download.

Now when you boot, you should boot into hekate and it should show other launch options

EDIT: or do what Itsuki235 mentioned :D

Last edited by onibaku,

Nashan67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, you are awesome...

I now understand how this all works simply much better !

I'm trying this ASAP.

EDIT: This is now working just fine. I didn't dare modifying manually my current hekate_ipl.ini and adding patches.ini since I'm still in 9.2 on my emuMMC. So I just setup a new zip file with the complete kosmos setup and paste that on my current SD.

thanks a lot mates.

Last edited by Nashan67,
Reactions: onibaku

Baoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys I have FW 9.2.0 - ATM 0.10.5 and Kosmos 15.4, wheere I can find trhe right SGpatches?

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wheere I can find trhe right SGpatches?

Update to Atmosphere 0.12.0 https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases
Delete the existing SD:/Atmosphere and sept:/ folders and replace with the ones above.
Update Hekate:
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases
Delete everything in SD:/bootloader except for your SD:/bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini and then copy the rest
Some random links:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosphere-patches-es-fs-and-loader-fusee_primary-only.562812/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-fs-and-acid-patches-for-kosmos.562915/
https://github.com/HarukoNX/Atmosphere/releases
https://gbatemp.net/threads/atmosph...fusee_primary-only.562812/page-4#post-9028710

The SD:/atmosphere/kips/loader.kip is only needed for OFW 10+.

Baoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Itsuki, I'm, return to FW 9.2.0 - ATM 0.10.5 and Kosmos 15.4 'cose the new wersion of Atm and hakate have done much damage, and switch doese'nt work, only rcm mode. With the actual onfiguration I have play for year and all gone well. Then I prefeer to remain in this configuration.
I know that the problem the game don't start are form sg patches, one time I ahvee found this one
https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases/tag/5.0.0J
but now the link is broekn I kjnow that if I find thsi sgpatches all works whell ;) If is possible I need only the sg patches ty

Baoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yees ty are al the way that I have try but does't works ;( Is for that that I'm searching for the Joonie86 version ;(

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yees ty are al the way that I have try but does't works ;( Is for that that I'm searching for the Joonie86 version ;(
One of those versions should work. If none do, then something else is wrong.

Joonie86 is longer doing patches compatible with Kosmos. They left the scene (no drama), they just aren't doing them anymore. The Kosmos devs have unofficially officially endorsed the following patch thread as the replacement for Joonie86's patches:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-fs-and-acid-patches-for-kosmos.562915/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...