Tutorial  Updated

Fix Your Evercade Namco Collection Carts For Use On VS

Hey Namco Collection 1 & 2 owners!
Got both an Evercade & a shiny new VS console?
Missing that classic Namco gaming in glorious 1080p on your TV?
How about we fix that using just an EverSD, your Evercade handheld and my new "app"? B-)
After following along as shown in this video your Namco Collection cartridges will work in ANY VS console, factory fresh out of the box or patched for use with an EverSD!

CLICK HERE TO GRAB THE DOWNLOAD! - DO NOT USE THIS ANYMORE!

It is unneeded on a patched VS system and it breaks the cart from working on a stock Evercade EXP. If you previously "Fixed" your carts, you can UNfix them with the below files added to an EverSD on either a patched OG Handheld or a patched VS console USING ONLY SLOT1 TO SWAP THE CARTS WHEN PROMPTED!
Namco UNfix (revert your Namco Carts to stock) - Click HERE to grab the download!

Enjoy!! :D

UPDATED INFORMATION:
As of VS stock firmware 2.1.1, this fix was blocked. The fix was incorporated in EverPatcherVS, so there is no longer have a use for this tool. Original and fixed Namco carts won't work in a VS console running 2.1.1 or higher unless it is patched with EverPatcherVS (you don't need an EverSD to use the patcher) and if you are patched, this fix is embedded in the console itself. Both Namco carts WILL work in a patched VS - original untouched carts as well as already fixed carts.

Last edited by esmith13,

erikw7426

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, there is no way to get this to work? I really do not want to thru the headache disconnecting/rearranging things to get the VS connected to a Windows PC.

Last edited by erikw7426,

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patching you VS is how you get it to work.
Blaze literally blacklisted the namco carts on the VS. The patcher will remove them from the blacklist. This is impossible to do from the cart itself.
It only used to work before because the cart wasn't blacklisted, it was simply missing needed files to be seen by the VS.

How is disconnecting the VS a headache? You don't need the cables, just the console itself. You can't use the VS power cord either, it isn't data capable so you need a separate one.

erikw7426

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The VS is on 2.0.4. I am not going to update it. I get that I will be missing out on updated features. My 7 year old will primarily be playing these cartridges. He doesn't need nor care about updates beyond what the VS can already do. What version did they blacklist the cartridges?
The issue I posted about was not for the VS. The NamcoFix is not recognized as a cartridge in the handheld. I also tried the files from the unFix. They are not recognized as a cartridge either. Why won't the handheld recognized the EverSD? Is there a key I need to hold down to get the handheld to boot into the EverSD?

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The VS is on 2.0.4. I am not going to update it. I get that I will be missing out on updated features. My 7 year old will primarily be playing these cartridges. He doesn't need nor care about updates beyond what the VS can already do. What version did they blacklist the cartridges?
The issue I posted about was not for the VS. The NamcoFix is not recognized as a cartridge in the handheld. I also tried the files from the unFix. They are not recognized as a cartridge either. Why won't the handheld recognized the EverSD? Is there a key I need to hold down to get the handheld to boot into the EverSD?
EverSD only works on a patched console. If I remember correctly the carts were blacklisted on 2.1.0 for VS. Don't recall if modified carts got blacklisted on handheld or not.
Also modified carts won't work on anyone else's VS either if they are on 2.1.0 or newer if that matters to you.

esmith13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Understood. How do I get the EverSD to work on the handheld? Mine is on 2.0.1.
Update the handheld to the latest and last ever firmware which is 3.0.0 from the official evercade site. (The device is officially end of life already)

After that, go here and get the latest EverPatcher for Handheld which is 4.7 and install it the same way you install the official firmware.
https://eversd.com/downloads/handheld/fw-2.x.x
You will also need to follow the other info on that page to setup your sdcard for use. The namco fix download only will work if your sdcard is already setup and working in your handheld and EverSD without it.
Basically the fixer is just the fixer, not a complete/entire setup for an sdcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c