The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The patches released here are simply the cheat codes from the cheat database patched into the game itself. Cracker was kind enough to create the patches for those with flashcards that had poor cheat engines and couldn't get the cheats to work. So both the cheats and the patch serve the same function.

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for clarification's sake, this patch isn't the one that is causing the corruption problems, right?

i.e. if you use this patch instead of just doing the code it won't cause corruption?

Nuudoru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got the game to work yet?

I just tried the japanese version instead of the US version and thanks to that I had to reformat my SD-card. So I'm afraid of doing more experiments.

Nuudoru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the double-post.

I tried to patch 3055 - Chrono Trigger (U)(FIX)(Xenophobia).nds with http://crackerscrap.com/index.php?p=ctds and this is what happend.

The patch changed 3055 - Chrono Trigger (U)(FIX)(Xenophobia).nds into ctdsu-ttds.nds

Then it made another ctdsu-ttds.nds that's has a bigger file-size than the first ctdsu-ttds.nds.

Is it supposed to be like this or did I do something wrong? I never patched anything before.

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what it did for me. The smaller sized .nds file is the patched one and so far seems to be working fine on my original DSTT.

Nuudoru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
epistaxis said:
That's what it did for me. The smaller sized .nds file is the patched one and so far seems to be working fine on my original DSTT.

Allright. What firmware do you use? I use 1.15. Should I upgrade it?

If I should, how do I do it? Just replace the old one with the ones I download from the DSTT homepage? (The version I have now did I download from gbatemp)

Nuudoru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, I can't get the game to work.

What's YSmenu? Is it something that matters for a game to work? Because I would really like to get Chrono Trigger DS to work.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YSmenu is an alternate interface for the DSTT. You build it using the regular firmware so it really shouldn't make a difference in compatibility, but you never know.

As for getting CT to run, instead of patching the rom, try using AR codes. Make sure you have the original unpatched rom. Then go to cheats.gbatemp.net and download the latest USRCHEAT.DAT file and copy it into the TTMenu directory on your sd card, overwriting any older version. Then before starting CT, turn on cheats and go in and select the cheat that fixes the problem.

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ysmenu is an alternative menu/OS for DSTT. There are a few threads on here about it. Even so, you should be able to use a clean rom of CT and just use cheats.

Edit: damn didn't see the second page.

Nuudoru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tbgtbg said:
YSmenu is an alternate interface for the DSTT. You build it using the regular firmware so it really shouldn't make a difference in compatibility, but you never know.

As for getting CT to run, instead of patching the rom, try using AR codes. Make sure you have the original unpatched rom. Then go to cheats.gbatemp.net and download the latest USRCHEAT.DAT file and copy it into the TTMenu directory on your sd card, overwriting any older version. Then before starting CT, turn on cheats and go in and select the cheat that fixes the problem.

If this works I will love you sooooooo much. I will try this later when I get back from work.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.