(´ε` )
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Back in November I had been wanting an SP so I had bought a custom one on eBay. The paint job was not so good and the thing felt too light and the buttons not so responsive, but I overcame those issues and now it feels fine and plays fine, and the paint job was fine after breaking it in

However..the one thing the guy seemed to forget was the screen...it is really dusty/spotty from the inside. It looks fine in white because it blends in but when met with a different color it's extremely noticeable, and very distracting, making the whole thing feel cheap. As mentioned I'm talking about the inside of the SP, where the screen feels textured, like one of those holographic-type things. I've tried cleaning all the screen, the outside of the SP, the inside of it, and the scratchy part, where the actual image gets transferred to. My nail accidentally grazed the screen and left a permanent scratch in two spots, but my main gripe are the dust/dirt trapped

To summarize, how can I effectively clean the inside dust and dirt from the screen?

drTNMw3.jpg

Sorry about the size if its too big, I can't resize as I'm uploading directly from my iPad

Model number of SP is AGS-001
(I'd be willing to shell out money for a replacement if needed, I'd just need a website link or something)

Thank you

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you already removed the lens and blow compressed air or cleaned it with a microfiber cloth?
if so then theres not much you can do, 001 screens are cheap so you can buy a really beat up one just for the screen, or you can upgrade to a 101

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I assume you already removed the lens and blow compressed air or cleaned it with a microfiber cloth?
if so then theres not much you can do, 001 screens are cheap so you can buy a really beat up one just for the screen, or you can upgrade to a 101

Yeah, I've already opened it and tried with a microfiber cloth. I would be willing to try compressed air as well, as I have not tried that. I have been planning to upgrade it but I am not quite sure yet. I never got my money's worth out of the system yet so I may just try a more serious attempt to clean it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)