First thing you ever pirated

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think .. if I remember well, that my first pirated stuff was "Deluxe paint III" from Amiga, 20 years ago.

Before Amiga, I had game&watch and NES, but pirating wasn't spread, I didn't even thought it could be possible to copy a cartridge
tongue.gif

I knew there was pirated "100 games compiled cartridges" for NES, which I played one once, but didn't pirated it myself.
At the same time, Friends had tape disk console/computers, which could be duplicated (haaa, what good memory, soo many errors on magnetic tapes, and so long to load !).

XWolf said:
An audio cassette in 1980something.

First software copied from a remote source (BBS) was Deluxe Paint on the Amiga.
Ahh, you got Deluxe paint too
tongue.gif

Oh, I forgot about music. I certainly pirated vinyl disk to audio cassette, and audio cassette duplicate looong time before informatics and gaming.

@WildWon :
> light (whoa, it worked !)
> take toothbrush
You can't reach it from the bed. The effort almost kills you.

Damn, we need to move first XD
games in the 80s were harder than today's !

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I can hardly remember... I honestly didn't pirate till maybe 4 years ago... I think I picked up some N64 and GBA roms cuz I was into the PC emulating scene for a bit when I found out it was possible. My first pirated PC game had to have been Portal. I don't pirate for the PC much.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if i recall well it was PSX games

followed by some Pc games

and then Genesis games (would emulate them)

and its sort of gotten out of hand ever since, i do pretty much pirate everything ( i can't remember the last time i bought PC software) the only things i buy these days is the odd PC game every now and then or a PS3 game.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Age of Empires II for the PC. There was a special way of installing it to make it work (opening the EULA then a black screen will appear, suddenly starting the game - is the last method that I only remember) otherwise it will keep on getting errors. Unfortunately, that special way can't be found on the Internet so the disc became unusable. I still have the disc though...

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a game called Pokemon Jade for the GBC some years back. I actually thought it was a legit Pokemon game that was just never released in America

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think it was some Genesis roms. In fact, I didn't know what a rom was. I just took some of them in one of my friends' computer without knowing what was an emulator or a rom...

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Back when I was little, my brother would copy cassette tapes for me. When I was in like 3rd grade a neighbor put a bunch of gameboy roms on my computer. I didnt know what it was then except I could play Links Awakening on the computer. Then in middle school I found out about emulation and started downloading SNES games.

D

Deleted_171835

Eh...The first think I pirated was Mario Luigi Super-Star Saga. I downloaded it to play on no$gba. I was 8 years old at the time. I find that funny. I was in Gr. 3 when I first pirated.

It was a direct download, though. I didn't know how to use torrents or Usenet at the time. I knew it was illegal, though but I didn't give a crap.
ph34r.gif

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Piracy can take many forms, and in a country invaded by cheap chinese tat, I suppose I owned many pirate games and consoles. After that I obtained videogames and music from friends. But the first thing I ever actively pirated on my own was a Drakan torrent and it took a whole week at horrendous speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex