Gaming First person shooters.

sidenull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, title of the post says it all. just looking for a good shooter and was wondering what you guys would recommend? good game play is a plus but a good story line is important too. ty in advance!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dementium is the best one for story and gameplay, play with headphones in a dark room. Sequel out in April.

People seem to like the three Call of Duty games, not into them personally.

Metroid Prime Hunters was too linear but decent enough. Has a story but I forgot anything about it.

C.O.R.E. DS is awful. As is that GoldenEye Rogue Agent.

There are others but they are worse.

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all fps games that are played with the stylus will give you gout.

- Metroid Prime: Hunters
- Moon
- Golden Eye: Rogue Agent
- Call of Duty - Modern Warfare: Mobilised
- Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare
- Call of Duty 5 : World at War
- Resident Evil - Deadly Silence
- Point Blank DS
- Dementium The Ward (?)
- Touch the Dead
- Core

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call either Point Blank DS or especially Resident Evil DS first person shooters. REDS is a survival horror adventure game if anything with the only FPS stuff being the knife fights they added randomly for the rebirth mode. You still shoot zombies via third person mode.

I'd actually add Bionicle Heroes to the list of nice FPSes. I find the style not unlike Metroid Prime Hunters. Except for the Lego theme. Nice graphics and sound and level design. Might interest you, won't set your world on fire, but very fun.

sidenull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks all for the replys. i look forward to checking most of these out.
yay.gif

GhostToast

Trophies
Website
whatthephoto.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget Fighting Fantasy, which is still pretty much an FPS, though with more classic RPG elements. And I guess if you go straight up fighter, you're not doing much shooting. But archer or mage will.

Moon was pretty good, kinda felt like Quake 2.

wanderone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dementium the Ward is a bit overrated IMO. The level design was crap with beds and junk forcing you to detour through rooms multiple times.

Moon coulda been alot better. The story was blah (Was annoying playing on hard and runnning out of ammo all the time) and all the bosses were similiar.

Metroid Hunters is the best IMO. Had decent controls, good music and interesting bosses and levels.

Agree with GhostToast re: Fighting Fantasy. Not really a First Person "Shooter", but still can play like one. And has good level design like Metroid Hunters (the sound fx and music suck though).

Call of Duty World at War wasn't too bad, but it was screwy to control at times for me.

Its not really a FPS, but more a Third Person game, but I thought Star Wars: The Force, was okay. It was kinda repetetive, but it was Star Wars and the music was decent.

Also might wanna check out Brothers in Arms DS. Kinda like Call of Duty WaW, but more clunky in some ways (The event scripting is more interesting).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All of this and no mention of homebrew?

Pretty much all the big duke3d/doom era FPS games appeared here and and handful of the later ones (Quake and Quake 2) with all that it brings (mods).

Over in the more original homebrew camp there is a bit of stuff, mainly "gallery" shooters although there are some original titles: http://smealum.net/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.