Gaming First jtag

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. I am almost done flashing my NAND with XBR. My question is if XeLL runs and I saw the blue screen with the CPU key does that mean the Jtag points are done correctly? Simply put does XeLL require the Jtag hack to run?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Xell/homebrew using this method requires the JTAG hack points to be there, the NAND reading wires are not required to be there (it is the reverse of the uncripple methods).
You can still leave them in if you want to do hardware flashing but these days we have software NAND flashing/dumping which most people use instead, personally if I can terminate them so they do not end up jumping a connection or something I leave them in there (some people go a step further and stick them into a common socket type to allow for easier access next time, the main one I see if I go looking around the internet is RJ45 (network cable) but you can do whatever you like).

Also if it runs and you saw the Xell screen then yes it is done.

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm supposing that the common connector is so when XBR updates I don't have to resolder the LPT cable back in. One more thing. Can I run XBR without fully assembling the 360 (mostly worried about the DVD drive)?

Thanks.

EDIT: I ran it without the DVD drive installed and it still booted in case anyone else is wondering.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your console has the August the 11th 2009 update or newer it can not be done. This will show as under the system info option of your menu as 2.0.8XXX.0 where XXX is some number.
If your console was made after mid June 2009 it can not be done. This applies even if it still has a 7 in the system info.
Some have also reported that if your console has gone back to be repaired it may also not be able to be done.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with DVD drives although I will note that the 8v2 and 9 series liteon drives started appearing after mid June.

hundshamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but havent they stopped making models with Hitachi, BenQ, or Samsung drives for some time now.

Still doesn't help if it has been updated. Shoot, even if you have been online since the November of last year, you are more than likely already updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse