Hacking First Homebrew Channel?

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
considering theres 10 gba games running on 3ds, snes should be jokingly easy, right? smaller roms, better known and supposedly less complicated architecture.

Im not sure about that. I would say snes is more difficult to emulate than gba. Snes had many different fx chips and higher resolution...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure about that. I would say snes is more difficult to emulate than gba. Snes had many different fx chips and higher resolution...

GBA uses an ARM CPU while the Snes uses a Ricoh 5A22 series CPU, so ARM would be easier in theory for the 3DS since that too uses an ARM CPU.

Reactions: SLiV3R

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah but i think it down to just snes being older and "simpler" i know there is different chips and stuff that can cause issues, but i think in development terms the snes has been "done" way more so its easier to get info and code to base your work on, idk but i would presume the snes would be easier to get going than gba.

UltraMew

GBATemp's Mew PRETENDING TO BE FOXI4 4 A DAY
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah but i think it down to just snes being older and "simpler" i know there is different chips and stuff that can cause issues, but i think in development terms the snes has been "done" way more so its easier to get info and code to base your work on, idk but i would presume the snes would be easier to get going than gba.

fine on nds

perfect/near on 3ds

D

Deleted User

While I can't wait to have a permanent CFW on my 3DS, I don't think it will ever be possible.

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can practically make a CFW for himself now :P

"For himself" being the keywords there. Smealum isn't going to release anything because it'll cause piracy, and he's going to try to make some way to prevent it if he does. As much as I hate to say it, creating an anti piracy solution is pointless, as people will just find a way around it. Pirates will be pirates.

The best thing that can be done IMO is to just not make anything that's able to load ROMs to begin with, don't code anything to enable that. At least then, if anybody wants to enable piracy, they will have to code it themselves.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
While I can't wait to have a permanent CFW on my 3DS, I don't think it will ever be possible.

I don't have any hope of ever seeing a public CFW on the 3DS for a variety of reasons.
There's absolutely no reason as to why a CFW for the 3DS wouldn't be possible, and if not a CFW then an LCFW via emuNAND - live patch injecting in emuNAND is already a thing as we speak, so there you go.

0ffAyaM.jpg

Fig.1 - Clearly "live-patched" firmware, the "GW3D" string has been appended to the firmware number

The only real obstacle is that it would murder the flashcart business overnight, so the hackers involved in flashcart teams are not exactly keen on sharing their loader tricks. That being said, eventually there will be this one guy who just won't care and will do it.

Homebrew is already possible, as seen numerous times, a backup loader is only a matter of time. The more the system is explored the closer we are to a full-blown custom firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...