Gaming First DSi-only game!

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
geminisama said:
I have nothing to add to this discussion other than you should really READ what is said, before telling others to do so; but the way you bring up your "real life activities" in every post, makes it sound like you don't have one. Just like how most people online that brag about their supar awesomz real lives, are usually reclusive irl. Same applies to that certain part of the body people brag about, when irl it's the opposite.
wink.gif

Yes, that's true, If I read someone's text in which he is always stressing his "real life activities" I normally think exactly the same way you do. But believe me, I did not bring them up in order to hide that I don't have them, it was really because I had a lot of work to do and this discussion really kept me away from it and I just couldn't ignore it (as it was fun and interesting somehow).
My only point is, that I just don't see why flusflus complains about the concept of the DSi as being "shxx" and that he thinks Nintendo's customer/product policy is bad which leads him to conclusion that he would "go Sony" because in his opinion they seem to have a better customer/product policy. I think this is simply not true as they both follow pretty much similar policies even though they carry them out in a little bit different ways, that's all. So what's wrong with this argument?!
No, let's just leave it like this before we get into another off-topic discussion. ;-)

But back on topic, I think this game won't be worth being discussed a lot but I am really curious about whether it will provide something new or not.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Why wasn't the first DSi-only game developed by Nintendo? They usually have a few launch titles to get the ball rolling.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game looks really innovative.

System Flaw vid...

The way it uses video from the built-in camera to "see" the monsters is actually quite cool, even if it is kind of vague in this game. I can imagine many other ways this method could be used to make even better games. Even though I detest the DSi and refuse to buy it, I can give credit where credit is due. Its one-button gameplay means it's extremely easy to play, it uses features unique to the DSi and it looks like it actually IS fun.

I can see this game being a potential problem though.....little kids falling down stairs as they play the game.....breaking their DSi by smacking it into things....stuff like that. Kinda like how texting is bad when driving.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Rayder said:
This game looks really innovative.

System Flaw vid...
I've seen a lot of games like that on mobile phones.

I don't like how the "enemies" don't follow the background too well. The game seems to have a vague notion of which way you're swinging the console, but the controls don't look precise enough and it's too obvious the enemies are just on the screen. The game doesn't seem to glue them onto the background too well. I know they're supposed to "float", but this is not it.

This is just the commercial, not actual gameplay video, right? We'll just have to see what the actual game looks like.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i know ofr a fact the dsl wil not die intill pokemon heart gold and soul sliver. becasue they wont be on the dsi no use for it

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
rhythm heaven was NOT DSi ONLY

@everyone who thinks that the NDSL/NDSPhat will die:
no it wont die. nintendo aint stupid y'know. sure they'll probably release a spin-off mario game that needs the camera (although i won't recommend it). but for the DSi's system powers, they're the same as the other ds's system powers (aside from faster wi-fi) . games like TLOZ, pokeyman, Mario, metroid, will not use cameras and they'll release them as a DS title not DSi only title. maybe they'll have additional camera compatibility for DSi users, and they can still play on older DS's. what makes me happy about the DSi is that there's a big probability of a new mario kart title on DS!(maybe although for all DS, it has DSi camera compatibility to take photos of ur self as those emblem pictures)

P.S. when i say system powers i meant Graphics, processors and stuff. not like cameras or other software.

but DSiWares..... that's another thing that MIGHT kill DSl/DSphat. but nahh, it probably won't. unless they release a Virtual Hand-held's for the DSi (y'know, like the VC but with hand held games like GB, GBC, GBA. that can make up for the absence of the GBA slots!)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Range-TE said:
but DSiWares..... that's another thing that MIGHT kill DSl/DSphat. but nahh, it probably won't. unless they release a Virtual Hand-held's for the DSi (y'know, like the VC but with hand held games like GB, GBC, GBA. that can make up for the absence of the GBA slots!)

I would love to see that...!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum