Gaming First DSi-enhanced game coming June 2009 (?)

tkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fabis94 said:

One of the features that are talked about a lot is the ability to make textures with the camera. You could take a picture of your face and add it to your characters face, or take a picture of real life grass and add it to the game so the game has realistic grass. Sounds pretty cool.

couldnt they use the camera, or even a better camera, to take a picture of real life grass, and add it to the game?

also, they should have released a goddamned new system. the whole idea of the dsi pisses me off. its not quite a successor, but has too many new features not to need one eventually when they start making games specifically for it, which i clearly remember nintendo promising would not happen...

I hate nintendo some days

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Tkls: DSL to DSPhat wasn't a big change too. And i took grass as an example. The whole idea of that feature is that you could put ANYTHING as ANY texture.
@War: The game sure is crappy, but the whole idea of this topic is that it will help hacking the DSi.
@Uruha: Maybe, maybe not. That depends on if they will add some extra protection,

tkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no, but ds phat to ds lite was a very small upgrade, and also completely unnecceccary. You could play every game that came out on the ds phat. you didnt want to buy a ds lite, you had no reason to. with the dsi, you dont have a choice. you need to buy it for some games, which im sure will grow in numbers. i dont want to buy it because it feels like i have to buy the same system again just to play games i should be able to on what i already own. make a new system, or dont. the dsi sucks. its just trying to milk ds owners more. ds popular, rerelease it twice, and many people will buy it 3 times. triple sales
biggrin.gif

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, most of the new games will still be playable on the old DS' just with new features. I believe DSi-only games will be released only like after a year or more, because this is a new DS and if i spent my money on it i believe i should get some exclusive games.

tkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i agree that if you should get some exclusive games. they should all have been exclusive. i think that should have waited a year and released a proper new iteration

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm more interested in how DSi games will utilize the larger screens and the RAM. The crappy camera, not so much.

Still looking for a source that gives us a definitive answer on whether DSi only/enhanced games will be able to use the WPA config slots.

Antihero2007

Trophies
XP
Country
I dropped my DS today, it still works but the hinge in damaged so I may buy a new DS soon and why not the DSi (Other than I dislike i's being put in names like that thanks to iPods and other such things). I was thinking of buying one anyway to play Mario Kart with my nephew etc which I can't do at the moment with just the one DS.

At the moment the camera looks like a gimmick and the people playing about with photos in the advert are acting like children. Unless it can act like the Eye Toy I don't see any great reason for the camera.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: