CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
While I can't really say for sure without playing the game, but Nintendogs getting a 38/40? Really? =/ I hope it's not for compensating the fact that the other launch titles are rather lackluster and of even worse quality.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if you look at the technical aspect of Nintendogs, you can SEE why it has such a score.

the pet RECOGNIZES YOU and YOUR VOICE. Its a game about affection, not many people can have pets at their house.

This game is the closest you can get to a "real pet". If it didn't have a decent score, it would be another game like "PETZ".

Don't like pet simulators? then this game isn't for you to review. As simple as that.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hero-Link said:
if you look at the technical aspect of Nintendogs, you can SEE why it has such a score.

the pet RECOGNIZES YOU and YOUR VOICE. Its a game about affection, not many people can have pets at their house.

This game is the closest you can get to a "real pet". If it didn't have a decent score, it would be another game like "PETZ".

Don't like pet simulators? then this game isn't for you to review. As simple as that.

ahh i see now. if that's the case i would rate nintendogs+cats high. so they rank fairly after all.

hmm, but i love my pet more because i can hug him.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
game01 said:
hmm, but i love my pet more because i can hug him.

Well, they're fixing that now too with kinectamals and eyepet, right? Now you can pet the air and see an animal on your tv screen!

[lies]IT'S JUST LIKE HAVING A REAL PET!!!!1[/lies]

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, a Samurai Warriors game getting 9s? I would have to suspect they were wowed by the 3D effects. I love the Dynasty Warriors-type games, but they're never really worth more than guilty pleasure.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendogs + Cats scoring that high is a shock, Famitsu must have been pressured by a pop or AV idol who loved Nintendogs or maybe said idol offered sex for bumping up the score.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or they really liked the game, which is highly probable, seeing as they loved the first release, and this one is more of that one, but with cats and in 3D.

I don't care for reviews at all, but I suppose it's good to see the first games coming out of the gate aren't awful in their eyes. Famtisu has given a total of 15 perfect scores, and 23 near perfect scores.(39 points out of 40) I don't see why everyone is upset about that - out of the hundreds of games they've reviewed, only 15 perfect scores isn't much at all.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Elvarg said:
wtf nintendo cats+dogs your joking.
what did you expect Japanese love this shit
laugh.gif
Famitsu

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Windaga said:
Or they really liked the game, which is highly probable, seeing as they loved the first release, and this one is more of that one, but with cats and in 3D.

I don't care for reviews at all, but I suppose it's good to see the first games coming out of the gate aren't awful in their eyes. Famtisu has given a total of 15 perfect scores, and 23 near perfect scores.(39 points out of 40) I don't see why everyone is upset about that - out of the hundreds of games they've reviewed, only 15 perfect scores isn't much at all.

The thing is that they had given out a few perfect scores over several years, and then a lot of 40/40 in just a couple of years.. like they lowered their standars or something (Not that I care, but they who do seem to think this is the issue)

EDIT: They've been around since 1986, 1991 the first game getting 39/40 came along (zelda alttp)... the first getting 40/40 was ocarina of time in 1998...
Check the list below for the perfect scored games, and look at their dates!
1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
2. Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
3. Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., for PlayStation)
4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo, for Nintendo GameCube)
5. Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
9. 428: F?sa Sareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
10. Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)
12. Bayonetta (2009, Sega, for Xbox 360)
13. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009, Nintendo, for Wii)
14. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010, Konami, for PlayStation Portable)
15. Pokémon Black and White (2010, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I love how people are ranting on the review scores.

Have you played the games? Okay, then shut the fuck up.

Your (baseless) opinion isn't by any means the opinion of other people.

I'm personally satisfied with this ratings. Being the average rated games the ones I expected to be average rated and the other games being pretty well rated.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
The thing is that they had given out a few perfect scores over several years, and then a lot of 40/40 in just a couple of years.. like they lowered their standars or something (Not that I care, but they who do seem to think this is the issue)

Or the quality of games that they like increased. Technology has advanced at such an amazing rate that it'd only be natural for the amount of perfect scores in their minds to increase. But again, scores matter very little to me. I'm glad that they enjoyed the games, but their opinions don't influence mine. I do like their system, though - 4 reviewers on one game is a likable method for me, personally.

Also, for those that haven't heard of the Samurai Warrior Series - look into Samurai Warriors, it's Chinese counterpart Dynasty Warriors, and then the awesome crossover between the two in Warrior's Orochi 1 and 2. Awesome, mindless fun games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never really found Famitsu to be a reputable source of reviews since I've noticed some biased trends in their scoring. Maybe it's because it's aimed at a Japanese demographic and not at a worldwide demographic (since Japanese gamers and Western gamers have different tastes), but I always found their stuff to be bologna.

I'll wait for some minor reviews from importers to pop up and see what they think, or just wait for the big sweep of western release reviews.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: sup