RELEASE Firmware Version Inspector - get FW version from NAND dump

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by shchmue, Aug 18, 2018.

1. shchmue
    OP

shchmue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    is your python3 64 bit maybe? this might require 32-bit
    sounds like you're running this in python2. install python 3 32-bit and try again

2. mousan

mousan GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    Antigua and Barbuda
    as windows user I am totally lost !! any noob tutorial step by step?

3. mousan

mousan GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2008
    Antigua and Barbuda
    okay Imanaged to get it working with my 6.0.1 nand backup but with 6.1.0 it gave "System Version Title not found!" :huh:

4. shchmue
    OP

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    updated to include 6.1.0 and 6.2.0

mousan likes this.
  5. lovebirdlover

lovebirdlover Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2018
    United States
    Ca
    So im getting this error on my mac just running 'python FVI.py'
    File "FVI.py", line 108 def find_record_by_filename(buffer, name: bytes):
    (^ under : in name: bytes)
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

any help? Im using the latest python 3.7 and redownloaded the latest pycryptodome

Last edited by lovebirdlover, Dec 7, 2018
  6. shchmue
    OP

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    you're positive you're running this on Python 3 and not 2? can you send a complete screenshot of the terminal when it errors? feel free to censor names and keys

7. bundat

bundat ¿

Jul 25, 2018
    Antarctica
    I'd say they're running it on 2... on my mac, when I installed Python using Brew, I got both 2 and 3, and I have to explicitly use "python3" and not just "python" as they did here:

See:
    a.

shchmue likes this.
  8. lovebirdlover

lovebirdlover Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2018
    United States
    Ca
    Okay so i solved this error but im getting a new one which another user was having above. I had to copy the Crypto folder from my python directory into FVI-master and got this new one.

Attached Files:

9. DebiS

DebiS Newbie

Newcomer
    Saturday
    United States
    Hey just posting for posterity, I got the "contents not found" error a user had above and it was because I had no idea what was meant by "tweak" and "crypt" BIS keys, because my biskeydump version just gave me a single long hex number for BIS key 2. I couldn't find any info on this anywhere so I used an older biskeydump version, and it turns out that the long, 64 bit hex number was actually both combined. I took the first 32 bit half and put it as BIS Key 2 (crypt), and the second 32 bit half and made it BIS Key 2 (tweak). It then worked fine. (Looks like the contents not found error is just when the bis keys are wrong?)

Anyway this is probably a really silly roadblock to have but hopefully this could help any frustrated newbies like me!! Very helpful program, thank you.

hippy dave likes this.
  10. tremendazo

tremendazo Newbie

Newcomer
    Monday
    United States
    Hey guys I am trying to use this program to check the firmware on my backup. However, I keep getting this error. I also tried it, wrapping the Bis Keys numbers <XXXXXXXX> it still did not work, btw that is the only two lines in the biskeys's folder. Any ideas?

upload_2018-12-11_16-14-35.

upload_2018-12-11_16-16-42.

Attached Files:

11. shchmue
    OP

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    remove the spaces before each line, those are only in the info text so that it looks nice :x

12. tremendazo

tremendazo Newbie

Newcomer
    Monday
    United States
    Thank you! it works like a charm!.....now i will create another post to see if there is a way to restore a dead switch... lol. But thanks again. its a 6.2.0 backup.. which I restored, but didn't have the boot0 or boot1.

13. shchmue
    OP

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    for that you'll need to either do an entire ChoiDujour procedure to any firmware below 6.2.0 (it doesn't support that target yet) or make one of the same firmware version that's in your boot0 and skip flashing boot0/1

tremendazo likes this.
  14. lovebirdlover

lovebirdlover Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2018
    United States
    Ca
    So im getting a new error regarding my BIS keys. I had double checked and confirmed its the right one by doing a backup twice. Whats wrong?

EDIT: NVM SOLVED! Forgot to put -b flag

Attached Files:

Last edited by lovebirdlover, Dec 14, 2018 at 9:03 AM
  15. tremendazo

tremendazo Newbie

Newcomer
    Monday
    United States
    Hey just wanted to say thank you. I was able to downgrade back to 4.1 using my biskeys, ChoiDujour and a keys.txt file that is flying around the internet...Cough Max... Cough site. Now i just have to figure out, hot to boot with 8 burn fuses. all I'm getting is nintendo logo and black screen.

16. shchmue
    OP

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    it doesn't boot even with CFW?

17. tremendazo

tremendazo Newbie

Newcomer
    Monday
    United States
    It loads shows me the nintendo logo and then it goes black screen. I am using Hekate 4.5 and atmosphere 0.82. Tried both options CFW and stock, but the system says I burned 8 fuses.

18. tremendazo

tremendazo Newbie

Newcomer
    Monday
    United States
    ....Nm It just boot up with REINX... Super Happy! Thanks again