Firmware Updater 4.3b

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by waninkoko, Jun 23, 2010.

1. blazingwolf

blazingwolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    Yeah at first I thought it was a WAD folder problem, because I didn't have a folder called wad on the SD card, added it, but no change, and yes this happens right after download EULA (USA)

>> Download ERROR! (ret = -1)

I did some searching and found this:

http://fathertom.net/hardwii/pictures/wii_...error_codes.pdf

MY SD card is FAT16/32, I have a folder called WAD on the root. I have cIOS 19 installed.

Has anyone gotten this to work fine with cIOS 19 as their cIOS? Just checking to make sure that isn't the problem.

2. gaojiugao

gaojiugao Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2009
    Switzerland
    ShangHai
    Cool, so fast till the new version is just coming. THank u Wanikoko. I'm ur fans [​IMG]

3. jznomoney

jznomoney Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2006
    United States
    I finally got it to install wasn't the sd card. I freed up more memory on the will had like 480blocks free now before I had about 250.

4. blazingwolf

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    Wait did you get a ret = -1 error too?

5. jznomoney

jznomoney Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2006
    United States
    yea, when it was downloading and got to the eula i got an error. I freed up some space on my wii and it worked.

6. blazingwolf

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    Thanks I'm giving it a try now, will let everyone know if it worked for me.

7. blazingwolf

Jul 30, 2007
    United States
    It's installed the IOSes, System Menu, Channels now, thanks for the tip! Much appreciated!

8. WiiCrazy

WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

May 8, 2008
    Istanbul
    This thing doesn't use sd card, it downloads the files into a temp location in nand...

9. airline38

airline38 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 28, 2010
    Taiwan
    Is there a way to skip downloading any IOS or channel ? For example ,I would like
    to download/install IOS80 and 4.3J system menu only. Is it possible ?

It was so upset to me after waiting around 90 mins to download all IOS ,channel .....
    then I got error -1010 when installed the 4.3J SM last night.

If this is not possible ,is there anybody who has finished using this updater to install
    4.3J SM can use wad creator to make the SM as a wad file to share to me ?

Thanks in advance !!

10. Kamina84

Kamina84 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2009
    United States
    Finally got around to installing 4.3. Only able to test a few things due to lack of time. Installed wads work great, as well as HBC, Homebrew, and Wii Shop Channel. Gonna try Wii/GC backups when I get out of work. Quick question thou, I noticed as installing 4.3 that it also downloaded/installed MIOS. Does this mean I have to reinstall my cMIOS or did it install a newer cMIOS ? Thank you soo much !! [​IMG]

P.S. I loled at "4.3 Wan." in the system setting. [​IMG]

11. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
    Hi gents,

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on upgrading to Waninkoko's 4.3b, but I'm not real clear on why you would or would not want to choose "Patch IOS/System Menu". Seems like there must be a reason why he left that as an options, but it defaults to "Do not patch". Hopeing to get a little more understanding before I commit to it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

12. BBking83

BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 23, 2008
    Australia
    I'm almost sure he patches the SM so it doesn't delete the HBC.

Patching IOS80 is the same effect as patching 60/70, getting VC/WW to launch form the SD menu.

13. iDarkTrace

iDarkTrace Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    Hold it... if I ALREADY updated to 4.3, this updater is useless to me. Correct?
    If not, can someone clarify what this means (sorry for being so newb >

14. Blumiere

Blumiere Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2010
    For the ret -1010 problem, turns out I only had like 100 blocks left on my Wii because of all the channels I have. It's only some Zelda games and other things from my childhood.

... eh. It won't take long to get a secure way that doesn't involve a firmware installation like this to be released. I can wait. It's not like someone's going to access my Wii and update to 4.3.

I hope. :V

15. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    At the moment you'll need to use indiana pwns
    Unless you still have a cios installed then you won't be able to run it though.

16. iDarkTrace

iDarkTrace Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    Oh the loader is LoadMii... okay.

Oh jeez. [​IMG] Well here is the thing: even though this update deleted HBC, I can still play TWO games: Super Mario Galaxy 1 and Taiko no Tatsujin Wii

But here's the catch, they are both JAP versions while my other 13-14 games are NTSC-U versions.

The only way I can run Indiana Pwns Exploit is I find a Japanese Version of the game and I am 100% sure that there isn't a JAP version of it. I don't have a cIOS installed, I don't have a NAND backup. I think I'm screwed until they fix HackMii Installer and upgrade HBC

I'm a bit disappointed at the fact so far the exploits are only helping out people with NTSC-U Wiis. Not everyone has an NTSC-U Wii. However, I shouldn't complain, you guys are working so damn hard to beat the big N while the majority of us just sit and wait for the miracle.

17. Kamina84

Kamina84 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2009
    United States
    For those wonder if they need to patch with the updater, I'm not sure what the difference is either (Even though I recall it's better not to patch); however, just wanted to mention I used the updater with no patch, and I was still able to play installed wads. I still don't know what the deal is with the MIOS installation in the updater either. :\

18. mattesno1

mattesno1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2010
    Gambia, The
    If you still have a cIOS installed (like IOS250 or any Hermes v5) and have a forwarder channel installed on your wii, you could replace the dol your forwarder loads with any other dol you want to run, and use the channel to load it.

19. iancer

iancer GBAtemp Regular

Jun 24, 2010
    United States
    i know this is the source for the answer to my questions:
    1, i have priiloader, so im assuming if i update no SM haxks will function, but will i still be able to BOOT into priiloader?
    2, since i have a .csm theme installed (4.2), im also aware i will lose my theme, is there away to reapply or convert my .csm?
    and lastly -
    3, i would like to confirm that there has yet to be a game released that requires the update correct?

also even though patching is disabled by default, should i choose to patch all IOSes + SM when i finally do run the updater?
    i will patiently await any response so i may decide if updating is right for me, or if i should wait until priiloader/.csm updates are available...

20. -pb-

-pb- Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2009
    Netherlands
    nl
    nobody needs this update.

if you update systemmenu you will overwrite/loose priiloader.

just let the wii as it is for now, again, no need for this update.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted