Hacking Firmware Updater 4.3b

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah at first I thought it was a WAD folder problem, because I didn't have a folder called wad on the SD card, added it, but no change, and yes this happens right after download EULA (USA)

>> Download ERROR! (ret = -1)

I did some searching and found this:

http://fathertom.net/hardwii/pictures/wii_...error_codes.pdf

MY SD card is FAT16/32, I have a folder called WAD on the root. I have cIOS 19 installed.

Has anyone gotten this to work fine with cIOS 19 as their cIOS? Just checking to make sure that isn't the problem.

gaojiugao

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shop59071431.taobao.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Cool, so fast till the new version is just coming. THank u Wanikoko. I'm ur fans
nayps3.gif

jznomoney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it to install wasn't the sd card. I freed up more memory on the will had like 480blocks free now before I had about 250.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is there a way to skip downloading any IOS or channel ? For example ,I would like
to download/install IOS80 and 4.3J system menu only. Is it possible ?

It was so upset to me after waiting around 90 mins to download all IOS ,channel .....
then I got error -1010 when installed the 4.3J SM last night.

If this is not possible ,is there anybody who has finished using this updater to install
4.3J SM can use wad creator to make the SM as a wad file to share to me ?

Thanks in advance !!

Kamina84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to installing 4.3. Only able to test a few things due to lack of time. Installed wads work great, as well as HBC, Homebrew, and Wii Shop Channel. Gonna try Wii/GC backups when I get out of work. Quick question thou, I noticed as installing 4.3 that it also downloaded/installed MIOS. Does this mean I have to reinstall my cMIOS or did it install a newer cMIOS ? Thank you soo much !!
biggrin.gif

P.S. I loled at "4.3 Wan." in the system setting.
smile.gif

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gents,

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on upgrading to Waninkoko's 4.3b, but I'm not real clear on why you would or would not want to choose "Patch IOS/System Menu". Seems like there must be a reason why he left that as an options, but it defaults to "Do not patch". Hopeing to get a little more understanding before I commit to it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm almost sure he patches the SM so it doesn't delete the HBC.

Patching IOS80 is the same effect as patching 60/70, getting VC/WW to launch form the SD menu.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hold it... if I ALREADY updated to 4.3, this updater is useless to me. Correct?
If not, can someone clarify what this means (sorry for being so newb >

Blumiere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the ret -1010 problem, turns out I only had like 100 blocks left on my Wii because of all the channels I have. It's only some Zelda games and other things from my childhood.

... eh. It won't take long to get a secure way that doesn't involve a firmware installation like this to be released. I can wait. It's not like someone's going to access my Wii and update to 4.3.

I hope. :V

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iDarkTrace said:
How EXACTLY can I run the application? If I don't have HBC, how can I run it?
frown.gif

At the moment you'll need to use indiana pwns
Unless you still have a cios installed then you won't be able to run it though.

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
At the moment you'll need to use indiana pwns
Unless you still have a cios installed then you won't be able to run it though.

Oh the loader is LoadMii... okay.

Oh jeez.
frown.gif
Well here is the thing: even though this update deleted HBC, I can still play TWO games: Super Mario Galaxy 1 and Taiko no Tatsujin Wii

But here's the catch, they are both JAP versions while my other 13-14 games are NTSC-U versions.

The only way I can run Indiana Pwns Exploit is I find a Japanese Version of the game and I am 100% sure that there isn't a JAP version of it. I don't have a cIOS installed, I don't have a NAND backup. I think I'm screwed until they fix HackMii Installer and upgrade HBC

I'm a bit disappointed at the fact so far the exploits are only helping out people with NTSC-U Wiis. Not everyone has an NTSC-U Wii. However, I shouldn't complain, you guys are working so damn hard to beat the big N while the majority of us just sit and wait for the miracle.

Kamina84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those wonder if they need to patch with the updater, I'm not sure what the difference is either (Even though I recall it's better not to patch); however, just wanted to mention I used the updater with no patch, and I was still able to play installed wads. I still don't know what the deal is with the MIOS installation in the updater either. :\

mattesno1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
iDarkTrace said:
How EXACTLY can I run the application? If I don't have HBC, how can I run it?
frown.gif

If you still have a cIOS installed (like IOS250 or any Hermes v5) and have a forwarder channel installed on your wii, you could replace the dol your forwarder loads with any other dol you want to run, and use the channel to load it.

iancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this is the source for the answer to my questions:
1, i have priiloader, so im assuming if i update no SM haxks will function, but will i still be able to BOOT into priiloader?
2, since i have a .csm theme installed (4.2), im also aware i will lose my theme, is there away to reapply or convert my .csm?
and lastly -
3, i would like to confirm that there has yet to be a game released that requires the update correct?

also even though patching is disabled by default, should i choose to patch all IOSes + SM when i finally do run the updater?
i will patiently await any response so i may decide if updating is right for me, or if i should wait until priiloader/.csm updates are available...

-pb-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
iancer said:
i know this is the source for the answer to my questions:
1, i have priiloader, so im assuming if i update no SM haxks will function, but will i still be able to BOOT into priiloader?
2, since i have a .csm theme installed (4.2), im also aware i will lose my theme, is there away to reapply or convert my .csm?
and lastly -
3, i would like to confirm that there has yet to be a game released that requires the update correct?

also even though patching is disabled by default, should i choose to patch all IOSes + SM when i finally do run the updater?
i will patiently await any response so i may decide if updating is right for me, or if i should wait until priiloader/.csm updates are available...

nobody needs this update.

if you update systemmenu you will overwrite/loose priiloader.

just let the wii as it is for now, again, no need for this update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: