Firmware on new European Animal Crossing 3DS XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Schizoanalysis, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    Hello all,

Can anyone with a new European (or even US version) Animal Crossing edition 3DS XL console please tell me what firmware it ships with?

Thanks

2. nukeboy95

nukeboy95 Leave luck to heaven.

Aug 24, 2010
    United States
    not sure
    i think the newest

3. Katsumi San

Katsumi San GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2012
    Kyoto
    Yea since Animal Crossing came out after the latest update.. I don't think it would be play-able on a lower firmware due to ask of the update.

4. Paszq

Paszq Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I bought the Animal Crossing Bundle this week (europe) and it's the latest: 5.1.0.11E. I use R4 for it, works great.

5. Schizoanalysis
    OP

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    Thanks for the reply!

Does the game actually force you to update to the latest version firmware on older version firmware consoles? That's harsh.

6. how_do_i_do_that

how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

May 16, 2008
    Antarctica
    You have insufficient posts to view location.
    At least it doesn't phone home daily like the xbox one.

7. Paszq

Paszq Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States

I don't know, but the newest update 6.0.0.12 came after the release. With which firmware do you want to play it?

8. 2dere

2dere GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2007
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I just bought the AC 3DSXL myself. First 3DS. I'm trying to find a thread I read a few days ago now talking about firmware updates. I can't remember if it was saying the order I needed to update the firmware, implying I would miss out on features if I went straight to the latest firmware or otherwise, when version each new feature had. Can someone shed some light for me please? I'll edit when I have found my answer.

9. Eerpow

Eerpow *swoosh*

Sep 14, 2009
    ERROR!
    Sometimes games actually need the update to even work in the first place, it's why download play enabled games also requires both systems to be updated as a just in case precaution.
    But yeah even if it's not a required update it will force you to update before playing the game.