Not open for further replies.

LeafAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Just so you know, I know nothing about ds homebrew. I know 3ds, Wii, and partially, Wii U

When I start firmware.nds, I have to set everything up like 'What's your color', 'What's your nickname', etc.
It boots up fine but then it says I have to shut the system down to complete and when I boot up again, I have to do everything all over again and I can't use anything else. Is it because it's a 3ds? Did I post in the right 'Discussion'?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
*Just so you know, I know nothing about ds homebrew. I know 3ds, Wii, and partially, Wii U

When I start firmware.nds, I have to set everything up like 'What's your color', 'What's your nickname', etc.
It boots up fine but then it says I have to shut the system down to complete and when I boot up again, I have to do everything all over again and I can't use anything else. Is it because it's a 3ds? Did I post in the right 'Discussion'?
Why do you need firmware.nds? It's not designed to run on a 3DS.

LeafAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I lost my ds and this brings the nostalgia.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And I thought, since it's a .nds file, it should be fine to run on a 3ds.

LeafAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*also, if this helps, it said "System Settings have been lost"

What's firmware.nds?
It's like an emulation of the ds but in one .nds file.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, it is still Nintendo's copyrighted program. If you have a DS you can dump your one if you like, https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-dsbfdumpdldi-1-0-f32731.html should do it. Not sure what the 3ds has.

As for the question of the OP I vaguely recall a discussion about it a few years ago (it was dumped by various programs because some emulators wanted it, and some people wanted to edit theirs). However as it was just the DS at the time it felt pointless and I tuned out after that.

Reactions: rileysrjay

LeafAce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it is still Nintendo's copyrighted program. If you have a DS you can dump your one if you like, https://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-dsbfdumpdldi-1-0-f32731.html should do it. Not sure what the 3ds has.

As for the question of the OP I vaguely recall a discussion about it a few years ago (it was dumped by various programs because some emulators wanted it, and some people wanted to edit theirs). However as it was just the DS at the time it felt pointless and I tuned out after that.
Well, I don't know if it will work because I don't know how to load these bios files on my 3ds and also, the 3ds has ARM9 and ARM11, but no ARM7.

(by the way, you created your account on my date of birth)

So anyone know a solution? I'm not using a flashcart, I am using something called "TWLoader" https://gbatemp.net/threads/twloader-ctr-mode-nds-app.448375/
I loaded this off of my sd card and the program is completely digital and it isn't a dsiware app or anything like that. It's a normal 3DS application

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AFAIK firmware.nds trys to load ds system settings data from the actual system, it isnt loaded in the .nds
It works on a DSi as im guessing its much closer to the ds than the 3ds.
The 3ds, while having ds settings doesnt match the settings firmware.nds looks for, thus saying its corrupted. It doesnt save settings either, so you can NOT get it to load on a 3DS.

Try it on a flashcart with DSi

theoldmototoad50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the thing I don't understand tho is how does it work on my computer's emulator (DeSmuME) but not twilight menu++
like a 3ds is meant to play ds stuff but not coputer

theoldmototoad50

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AFAIK firmware.nds trys to load ds system settings data from the actual system, it isnt loaded in the .nds
It works on a DSi as im guessing its much closer to the ds than the 3ds.
The 3ds, while having ds settings doesnt match the settings firmware.nds looks for, thus saying its corrupted. It doesnt save settings either, so you can NOT get it to load on a 3DS.

Try it on a flashcart with DSi
Actually, you can get it to work on a 3ds. There is a nds file called 'NTRLDR' that can load firmware.nds
You will need: a hacked 3ds/2dsnew/xl, an nds file loader (twilight menu++ or nds_hb_menu), firmware.nds
Instructions:
1. Make sure you have a copy of firmware.nds. I cannot post the file here, but it is very easy to find it with a google search.
2. Download the rar archive I uploaded in this post and extract it anywhere on your 3DS's SD card.
3. Create a folder named 'ntrldr' in the '_nds' folder on your SD card and place firmware.nds inside it.
4. Put your SD card back in your 3DS and open your nds loader.
5. Open NTRLDR and it should work.
Note: if you are using TWiLight Menu++, make sure your settings for NTRLDR are set to run in DSi mode, otherwise it won't work

Attachments

• ntrldr.rar
    82.9 KB · Views: 273
Reactions: LeafAce

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, you can get it to work on a 3ds. There is a nds file called 'NTRLDR' that can load firmware.nds
You will need: a hacked 3ds/2dsnew/xl, an nds file loader (twilight menu++ or nds_hb_menu), firmware.nds
Instructions:
1. Make sure you have a copy of firmware.nds. I cannot post the file here, but it is very easy to find it with a google search.
2. Download the rar archive I uploaded in this post and extract it anywhere on your 3DS's SD card.
3. Create a folder named 'ntrldr' in the '_nds' folder on your SD card and place firmware.nds inside it.
4. Put your SD card back in your 3DS and open your nds loader.
5. Open NTRLDR and it should work.
Note: if you are using TWiLight Menu++, make sure your settings for NTRLDR are set to run in DSi mode, otherwise it won't work
That's great and all, but I posted that back in 2017.
This thread is long dead.

Reactions: theoldmototoad50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass