Hardware Firmware help?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If you update via Media Go or Software Update on your PSP, it will be 6.39

If you download an update and transfer to your PSP, it can be anything 5.5+.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you(: why does it say in the forum that there's a 6.40 and above? Like the post the tells you if you can or can not hack it.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually not sure. I know 6.40 is on the horizon and is showing up already (I think), but that's about it. Anything higher than 6.40, I couldn't begin to say.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I'm actually not sure. I know 6.40 is on the horizon and is showing up already (I think), but that's about it. Anything higher than 6.40, I couldn't begin to say.
There's no way the PSP will update past 6.39, right?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
SuperTrever said:
Nathan Drake said:

If you're worried about it, just have your friend download the 6.39 firmware from Sony's site and update via the EBOOT they give you. Regardless, it will tell you what the latest firmware is that the PSP can download before you say yes or no to the update.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
SuperTrever said:
Nathan Drake said:

If you're worried about it, just have your friend download the 6.39 firmware from Sony's site and update via the EBOOT they give you. Regardless, it will tell you what the latest firmware is that the PSP can download before you say yes or no to the update.
All right thank you(:

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SuperTrever said:
Thank you(: why does it say in the forum that there's a 6.40 and above? Like the post the tells you if you can or can not hack it.
So far, there's no official 6.40 firmware for psp, but I doubt it's coming because Sony's more busy on other stuff?
rolleyes.gif

But, well, who knows?
tongue.gif

EDIT: never mind. found some extra info on it. But you can use the method below to update to any OFW your friend wants.
tongue.gif

EDIT2: removed link. thanks, prowler_

you can download every OFW from here (you can chose the firmware from the drop-down menu on the right). Place the EBOOT.PBP of whichever firmware your friend choses into *drive*:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE (make the folders if you don't have them).

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
6.40 is probably just for Gundam Memories, it's happened before with other games like Monster Hunter 3rd.

Also you can't link to that website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: