Firmware 8.1 O3DSXL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sychophantom, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Sychophantom
    OP

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    I do not own a Gateway nor Cubic Ninja (though that will be easier for me to acquire).

What I want is to install some clean CIAs to sysnand, then system transfer to another 3DS (so that 3DS has those games plus the NNID on it already. I'd accept a transfer to this system as well. Both are O3DSXLs, one is just at the latest firmware.).

Is this possible without getting CN or a Gateway?

2. tipsytoto

tipsytoto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    United States
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes, but you'll have to downgrade the 3DS with the GW launcher first. Then you can run PBT-CFW to install any legit CIAs you might want and update the 3DS again (or better yet, create an emuNAND and use rxTools to boot & update it) to perform the system transfer.

If you don't have a DS flashcart to install the DS Profile Exploit (needed for PBT-CFW) you can use Spider ROP Installer instead.

4. Sychophantom
    OP

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    I have a few old DS flashcarts, but I think they're all blocked. Downloaded the Spider ROP zip, and after googling to see what to do with it, found a thread here with a QR code mirror.

If I create the EmuNand, and use rxtools, would that keep the system to be transferred's sysnand on 4.5 (after downgrading)?

I'm not sure if I care about keeping it there, but it might be nice. I just want to do the CIAs to give a few games to my girlfriend so we can both play together and not have her borrow mine (and delete saves. She killed two towns in ACNL on me doing that).

5. Sychophantom
    OP

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    Well, It's downgraded to 4.2 now. That Spider ROP thread is a tad confusing, though.

6. Sychophantom
    OP

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    I have DevMenu on the downgraded XL. Going to try and install a few CIAs, and if it works, I'll do more. The goal is to eventually update this unit to 9.6 for a system transfer from an Ambassador 3DS, as a gift to a relative so we can play Pokemon together. I gave my girlfriend a 2DS and some of my physical games. It's less annoying.

Hoping that once the transfer happens, it doesn't lose the CIA installed games.

7. Sychophantom
    OP

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    CIAs installed. They did not work in sysnand. Didn't try them in the CFW. Going to try that second link and use RX tools to make an updated Emunand.

Hoping that when all is said and done I can get these working in sysnand and do that transfer.

8. Sychophantom
    OP

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    Got the games working in Emunand. Trying to figure out how to do the system transfer so that both systems are merged and in sysnand with the CIA installed games available.