Fire Pro Wrestling World official GBAtemp review

Banner.jpg

Having not ventured into the world of video game wrestling since the WWE games of the GameCube era, I fell in love with the melodramatics of the ring. Each pinch, throw, and kick felt over the top, each with their own degree of satisfying feedback. Coming back almost ten years later, does the genre still have what it takes to keep me hooked? Check out the Fire Pro Wrestling World review below.

:arrow: Official Review

Tomassi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love the look of it, went on the store to consider buying it, saw it cost £44.99, see ya later! Full AAA price for a game that looks like I could play it on a SNES emulator?? Come off it!

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love the look of it, went on the store to consider buying it, saw it cost £44.99, see ya later! Full AAA price for a game that looks like I could play it on a SNES emulator?? Come off it!
£39.32 on Amazon if it's a little better for you lol. If you're not interested in the Fighting Road mode, you can also grab it on PC for £23.79 sans that mode, with it being DLC for £14.99.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah But Does it have Battle Royale ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

£39.32 on Amazon if it's a little better for you lol. If you're not interested in the Fighting Road mode, you can also grab it on PC for £23.79 sans that mode, with it being DLC for £14.99.
man that is expensive ... on all counts ..

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah But Does it have Battle Royale ?
Yeah, it has that and tournaments. Battle Royale is obvs just last man standing and tournaments are a string of the specified match type. They slipped my mind when writing the review since they're just an extension of exhibition matches.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it has that and tournaments. Battle Royale is obvs just last man standing and tournaments are a string of the specified match type. They slipped my mind when writing the review since they're just an extension of exhibition matches.
NOOOOOOOOOO FORTNITE !!!!!!!!!!!! only joking i hate fortnite almost as much as i hate seeing my son copy the dances off that ruddy game ... oh well at least its not Minecraft

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NOOOOOOOOOO FORTNITE !!!!!!!!!!!! only joking i hate fortnite almost as much as i hate seeing my son copy the dances off that ruddy game ... oh well at least its not Minecraft
You understand the idea of battle royale is literally last man standing right? It fits the frantic gameplay of wrestling well.

Reactions: VinsCool

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Meh, I think that by today standards, Fire Pro games only live because of the nostalgia.
Yeah, the gameplay is good... for the 90s, and the graphics are good, but those also even for today 2D art standards. Maybe the only great think about Fire Pro games still thinkin' by today standards is the great quantity of modes they have.
But yeah, still I'm not fan of arcade-ish wrestling games, and yeah I love WWF No Mercy and Day Of Reckoning, but holy crap, I trully love WWE 2K19: the best WWE game since Smackdown vs RAW 2007 for me.

Tomassi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I was honesty shocked to see the price of it. I'm sure it's good, but a game like that IMO should be £14.99 in TOTAL, not just for the DLC!! To charge £44.99 (or even £39!) is scandalous! Maybe I'll wait until a massive sale! Cool review though :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over