ROM Hack Discussion Fire Emblem: Three Houses General Hacking

RetroCharles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally made an account, to extend my gratitude for all the hard work put into this! Really is a useful too!

So thank you to all who contributed.

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im sorry @hanseo , nearly didn't even see this .. sometimes it's better to ask again or send PM in case i missed it ,
but anywho i send to you in a sec. would u rather have by PM or in Chat?

and yes it is guaranteed more or less..
-(One House Leader - Per Squad for story-Claude-Golden Deer, Dimitri-Blue Lions, Edelgard-Black Eagles )
To what I've Gathered and whatnot , this Seems to be the Case although I'm Early Progress in the Game right now, so i Can't Completely say for sure ,
but to a lot of others that have beat the game and stuff , they said this is the Case

No u can not do that Normally.. it will crash game.. -far as i know -- it's *Hard-Coded* into Game meaning only a Mod** Could Change that... Although..
i heard there Can or could be Special Code(s), but this would be a Major Code(s) , and also probably would also need a special *Master-Code* to Enable this .. if it was done..
i've seen this before, possibly could be done , but it would take a really *Well-Experienced Hacker and or Modder* to do this by *Code Alone..

i Can't even get a Convoy Code lol and that's nothing compared to what your talking! :P
I'll be honest with you , as of right now, this will not happen .. just wait for a mod to be released for this one..
Although the save editor may be able to do this though just for *in-battle* only?.. have u tried it yet?
I see, thanks for the explanation. What about non-lord characters? If I want, say Hilda or Catherine in my Edelgard route, are those also prone to cause crashing?

officialmurky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If memory serves me correctly, you cannot recruit Catherine or Cyril to the Black Eagles, so I presume using the editor to add them in would also cause issues - however Hilda should be a different story, as I remember reading somewhere that you can recruit her on Black Eagles during a specific part of the game, so it should technically be alright to do so (but remember that Hilda is Claude's Retainer character, so she has certain restrictions like Dedue and Hubert when it comes to editing).

When I get the time to later I'll try adding Catherine and Cyril to one of my BE save runs to see if any issues arise.

Last edited by officialmurky,

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If memory serves me correctly, you cannot recruit Catherine or Cyril to the Black Eagles, so I presume using the editor to add them in would also cause issues - however Hilda should be a different story, as I remember reading somewhere that you can recruit her on Black Eagles during a specific part of the game, so it should technically be alright to do so (but remember that Hilda is Claude's Retainer character, so she has certain restrictions like Dedue and Hubert when it comes to editing).

When I get the time to later I'll try adding Catherine and Cyril to one of my BE save runs to see if any issues arise.
I see, that's a pity, thank you. I believe that Hilda can only be recruited in BE route if you choose to side with the church. I have max affinity with her in ng+ but I never had the option to recruit her till the holy tomb battle and after that she becomes your enemy.

Starshield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, can you just add normally recruitable characters post timeskip by just checking the available/recruited flag without messing with the other bit flags?

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I see, that's a pity, thank you. I believe that Hilda can only be recruited in BE route if you choose to side with the church. I have max affinity with her in ng+ but I never had the option to recruit her till the holy tomb battle and after that she becomes your enemy.

i believe @officialmurky is right , most if not Characters are not a problem to recruit and should cause no issues , only saying because when playing as Golden Deer right now as i am.. i recruited all most players-(Naturally)- and yet only ones still not available was these two -**Dedue and Hubert** although interestingly , u can still increase *Support / Bond* with them...
but , I'm pretty sure this is same for playing as other Houses , i think they have Certain Character(s) for certain team(s) that Can't be recruited and or Can.. depending on your House u selected at start - (Golden Deer , Blue Lions , Black Eagles)..

Last edited by Zaybokk, , Reason: Credit(s) where it due...
Reactions: simsimsim

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay , so making code(s) now, there will be some more to try for sure..
if someone don't mind trying this, it's supposed to be a Stock-Inventory for Convoy..
here it is:
still thinking i may be missing main offset though, not sure.
just make sure u save game before hand in case
[Inf. Inventory Convoy code-Test#1]
580F0000 019D76F0
780F0000 00000018
310E0000 0000003C
620F0000 00000000 4B1F0063
780F0000 00000230
310E0000

Reactions: simsimsim

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you want to inject sothis or anna into your save using the editor.
Thank you for this! @Takeshi666
this just for Anna and Sothis?..
like your Name BTW hehe :)
also who is Anna??..-(Sorry but I'm Still Early in Game , haven't Beat it yet, and in Part 1 still of Story in-Golden Deer Side of it)..
nvm i find out soon enough :P

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It really feels like they will release a DLC for Sothis. She is fully animated, voiced and have her own kind of attacks. Either that or she got cut in the last minutes of production.

Reactions: Zaybokk

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh. sorry. this works by replacing a character ID. for example sothis over dorethea. its sothis but will have dorethea stats
ohhhh lol okay gotcha i figured you meant that , just wasn't sure at first , :P , glad i asked though just in case.. yeah it makes sense ..
okay , so i would like Sothis with Statline and what u think is best preferably female closest to them -(just not House Leader)- , Same for Death Knight , and also Jeralt the father.. if u don't mind.. thanks for this! @Takeshi666 :)

It really feels like they will release a DLC for Sothis. She is fully animated, voiced and have her own kind of attacks. Either that or she got cut in the last minutes of production.
definitely , i fully agree has to be either or?.. hopefully she will be DLC.. -( btw this will Happen if enough people request it enough for them to be DLC Characters also same for Jeralt ,
i really want him and also Death Knight to as well become DLC Character(s),
would be amazing..

Zaybokk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

me and some Friends thinking of creating petition* for *Bring Jeralt Back!!* :( and or Have Option to Stop flow of time-( Sothis failed i think trying too?) at least on mine she did :( to stop the Monica Killer --
by killing her father and having a chance in the story to get Jeralt as a recruit on team and continue story -
- progress with Jeralt father on side and helping with everything and defeating the other(s) , what u think of that?....

Reactions: starwor999

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
me and some Friends thinking of creating petition* for *Bring Jeralt Back!!* :( and or Have Option to Stop flow of time-( Sothis failed i think trying too?) at least on mine she did :( to stop the Monica Killer --
by killing her father and having a chance in the story to get Jeralt as a recruit on team and continue story -
- progress with Jeralt father on side and helping with everything and defeating the other(s) ,, what u think of that?....
It's part of the story so I don't want it changed. However I don't understand why you can get better Rank with Jeralt if it's still part of the story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1