FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lloyd14 said:
NICE!!
Does wikipdia calls this game: Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade?
...No. Of all the translations I've heard for it, that's got to be the farthest from correct. In fact, I believe Sealed Sword is incorrect; the literal translation, if my Japanese is any good, is as Wikipedia has it: Sword of Seals. The English title says Binding Blade, but there was never an English version save for the translation, unless it was listed in some game to avoid more Marth/Roy confusion, so I wouldn't really count that..

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
Lloyd14 said:
NICE!!
...No. Of all the translations I've heard for it, that's got to be the farthest from correct. In fact, I believe Sealed Sword is incorrect; the literal translation, if my Japanese is any good, is as Wikipedia has it: Sword of Seals. The English title says Binding Blade, but there was never an English version save for the translation, unless it was listed in some game to avoid more Marth/Roy confusion, so I wouldn't really count that..
What's so wrong with that translation? Sword of Seals and Binding Blade both express the same concept with equivalent words. And Wikipedia does list Binding Blade, as Nintendo's official translation as per Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Lloyd14

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The translators called it Sword of Seals but that doesn't matter anymore.
The patch works perfectly and the game is very nice
smile.gif

The music though, is not so good
frown.gif

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
FireEmblemGuy said:
Lloyd14 said:
NICE!!
What's so wrong with that translation? Sword of Seals and Binding Blade both express the same concept with equivalent words. And Wikipedia does list Binding Blade, as Nintendo's official translation as per Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Same concept, yes, as a simple title. However, Playing through and using that name in the game's context, it doesn't make quite as much sense as Sword of Seals would.

ThommyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
please give a new link.. i know this s probably a dead topic.. but i want to play that game so bad!
please just make a new download link!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello